Took Husband to Jail

Old 07-26-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Took Husband to Jail

I found out a few days ago that he had a felony warrant for stealing pills from his uncle. We talked and he decided that turning himself in and asking for rehab instead of jail would be best. He was good all day yesterday (I was at work and taking him after). Seemed to have accepted his fate and was being very nice to me. Then at about 2 he sends me a message begging me to borrow 10 dollars from my family so he could use and not be dope sick in jail... I was so mad. I told him no and stuck to that no. He sent me horrible text messages about how he would never do this to me and how can I be so mean. Seriously?? I still stuck to my no. I picked him up after work with all intentions of just leaving him downtown if he refused to go to jail. He cussed me out the entire ride, but he went and turned himself in. I went home, painted my nails, and read a chapter of Codependent No More. I am feeling numb right now. I am sad his life has come to this, but I also feel a weight lifted off my shoulders. I am proud of myself for sticking to my guns. I am really truly finally ready to stop being codependent. Thank you all for your thoughts and support. I know I can do this.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Now that's a great example of taking care of YOU! Perfect! And I bet your nails look marvelous! I love it!

Keep taking care of you.....

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-26-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So proud of you!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great work! Keep it up. We are here for you.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do this! So proud of you. Enjoy looking down at your freshly painted toenails as you keep stepping forward...one day at a time!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO