My boyfriend overdosed last night...

Old 07-17-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

It is always so sad to hear of another young life taken too soon by the disease of addiction. Yes.....keep looking for those signs......I agree that there is more than what we see here on this earth and I have had many experiences that could not be explained.....

Hold him in your heart and honor him by living the good life that you wish he would have been able to live.

I am so sorry for your loss. You and all who loved him will be in my prayers.

gentlest of hugs for you
ke
Old 07-17-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss, Tattoo. When my sister died on New Years Eve two years ago, because she couldn't face the wreakage of her past, I knew she was finally at peace. In time I know that you will find peace from this, too. Until then, please take care of you.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi Tattoo...I saw this quote earlier today and immediately thought of you.

You know that place
between sleep and awake?
The place where you can still
remember dreaming?
That's where I will always love you.
That's where I will be waiting.
Peter Pan

I didn't realize who had said it until I had already thought of you....and then I found it even more fitting. Fear of growing up....My son suffers this as well.

I hope you are doing alright. I hope you can feel all the prayers being sent your way.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:07 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lizwig View Post
Hi Tattoo...I saw this quote earlier today and immediately thought of you.

You know that place
between sleep and awake?
The place where you can still
remember dreaming?
That's where I will always love you.
That's where I will be waiting.
Peter Pan

I didn't realize who had said it until I had already thought of you....and then I found it even more fitting. Fear of growing up....My son suffers this as well.

I hope you are doing alright. I hope you can feel all the prayers being sent your way.
Thank you. This brought tears to my eyes.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:10 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

tattoo, I never have the words when this happens. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thank you guys
Old 07-18-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Im SO sorry for your tragic loss.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

tattoo - I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm a recovering addict, and though I had left my bf a couple of years (he wanted to continue smoking crack, I got into recovery), I still loved him.

I later found out (now live in a different city) he died in a crackhouse because smoking crack was more important than going to a dr. He died of pneumonia.

Since he and I shared an addiction, I can only give you the ES&H I know. I couldn't have stopped him. Had I been there, I'd probably be locked up or dead, too. The addiction in him was stronger than anything else.

What I do, is "talk" to him. He's been gone a few years, now, but there are still days when I tell him "I'm going to tuck you into my heart and let you feel how good life is without drugs". I do. He never got it, I'm sure he never intended to die that way (we never do) but, unfortunately, it does happen.

I kid you not...one day I was on a lovely drive, bright sunshine, back country roads and I'd just told him I was tucking him into my heart. I was listening to some hip-hop station in the car, and this song came on that said "f--- crack". I busted out laughing, said "ya hear that? F crack!!!" I could swear I heard him say "got THAT right!!"

I truly believe he is looking down on me and he's proud of me. I totally believe that the things that happened were signs, but that's just me. My mom died of heart problems, LOVED butterflies. It seems that butterflies show up just when I need them, no matter what the weather. Funny thing, I've NEVER heard that song ever again. A sign.

Grieve as long as you need to. You will probably go through the stages...anger, denial, gut-wrenching grief, and others. I found out they flip-flop and I bounced around the stages. It's normal.

You are living most our worst fears (I still have loved ones who are addicts/alcoholics) but we are with you. When you feel overwhelmed, just imagine all of us giving you a HUGE group hug.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-18-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I don't think he intentionally overdosed. He always told me he wishes he were dead, but said he could never do that to me...that I was the only good thing in his life. I'm just glad he's no longer struggling with his demons like he has been every single day of his life.