an update :)

Old 06-09-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

an update :)

Hello everyone,

It's been about a month since I've posted on SR, although I am on it daily, sometimes twice a day. SR has helped me tremendously through my struggles with my XABF. Listening to everyone's stories and replies made me realize I wasn't alone.

So anyway, it's been about a month that I have had NC with the X. Things are getting better and better every single day. I can't believe how much I've grown in the past month. I have been focusing on myself, doing the things I always wanted to do but never could with him. I catch myself laughing, enjoying life, and being truly HAPPY. I thought I was happy before, but I had no clue what that really meant.

Don't get me wrong, I do think of him from time to time, but those moments seem to be getting fewer and further in between. My friends also know not to bring up the stories they've heard about him in front of me and I really do appreciate it. I cut contact with his friends and family (a necessary step in my journey to moving on and never, ever looking back).

I just wanted the people reading this, that are going through what I was, to know that it does get better. We all deserve people who will love us for us, and we should never forget that.

Thank you again to everyone on here, you are all very special people.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

>>>>> I catch myself laughing, enjoying life, and being truly HAPPY.<<<<<<<

......catch yourself doing more of this---that is an SR command override
class 1A directive!!

Old 06-09-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

good for you!!!

my happy right now is the scent wafting thru the house of the wood chips hank has going in the new weber grill....sunny afternoon....nba finals on the tv...watching our newly transplanted vegetable starts growing in the sunshine...having almost all of the laundry done...

happy isn't some brew we concoct....happy is what we choose to find in the moment. yesterday was the Belmont, the race in which Secretariat won by 31 lengths...in record time....the sports reporters that day kept saying the horse was going too fast, the jockey had lost the horse, he was going to collapse. but Big Red just ran...his trainer told the jockey, Ron Turcett, "just let him run his race" - and while in the stands with the owner, as Secretariat made the turn for home, yelled don't fall off Ron, don't fall off!

they showed replays of that race yesterday...and I sat, watching, goose bumps, tears in my eyes, watching a horse race that happened in 1973...knowing the outcome...at the edge of my seat!!

THAT is happy. the thing that brings you to life, to the edge of your seat.

SECRETARIAT - 1973 Belmont Stakes (Alternate Footage) - YouTube
just watch that damn horse run..you can SEE when Ron gives him his head, just turns him loose...you can see down the stretch for home how much faster he is running - he pulled away with every stride.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I guess what i'm trying to say is we should each find our own Secretariat...to do what we were born to do....RUN. live, breathe, run, jump, risk, create, explore, reach.....find your moment when you just...let go....and be.

I think it is important to note that Sham ran with Big Red a good half of the race...his rival pushed him to keep running...Sham took the lead from him...both horses ran a blistering speed..and then Sham slowed..and the big red horse kept running.....
Old 06-09-2013, 10:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Anvilhead
Thanks for sharing that incredible race! And your description of "happy" was beautiful and eloquent......perfect.

We can be happy when we choose to be. I'm glad for you Sickntired8.....I'm glad you are finding the joy in living again.

gentle hugs
ke