Need help identifying something

Old 04-30-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need help identifying something

I found several pieces of crumpled up foil with ash and burnt black stuff inside of them in my sons room. Most of the stuff was hard but crumbly with no odor but one of them had the same stuff along with some stuff that was kinda mushy and smelled sweet, like licorice. I had to dig through the ash and hard stuff to find the sweet smelling stuff. I thought some of them might have been burnt pills but the last one threw me off. He told his therapist that its tobacco but I'm not buying it. Tobacco just doesn't do what this stuff did. I also don't see why he would smoke tobacco out of foil. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

PS I know it's definitely not pot
Old 04-30-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Angamie!

I am no expert on drugs, but I am guessing there is a lot more going on that lead you to search his things and since he is seeing a therapist.

How old is he? What is prompting the searches?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Heroin would be my best guess.

How old is he, and even more importantly what is his behavior like, because that shows the truth more than anything.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Sounds like he may be smoking heroin! I hope I am wrong.

Welcome to SR....sorry for what brings you here.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

I used to smoke cocaine on foils, and I know you can smoke meth and some pills on foil. Here's what I want you to focus on. If the cops busted in and found illegal drugs in your home, there's no quarentee that you and the rest of the family wouldn't get in trouble. I'd make it clear to him real quick that he can't bring junk into your home. Also inventory all your stuff and find out if anything is missing. I hope I'm wrong but expect the worst. he has already lied to you, it being tobacco is krap. Prayin for ya.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

With the sweet smell, the residue, and the remains…I would guess smoking Oxycontin. But, and this may be a good but…it sounds like he isn’t too good at it and wasted the pill which could mean he hasn’t been at it too long.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

IMHO tobacco ? No way. I'll second the above observations... If you can get on the same page with the therapist, I'm sure he can connect the dots.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi, it might be Hooka. My husband smokes hooka and uses aluminum on top of the coals to put the "sheesh". It is legal to buy (tobacco with flavors). It is generally sticky and there are different flavors.
Sadly, heroin is also smoked in foil and if smoked, there is usually long skinny lines on the aluminum. If there are holes in the foil (small pokey ones) and the pieces are small, it might be hooka. either way, watch behaviors. If its pills or heroin, his eyes will be pinprick pupils and he will alternate from being drowsy and soft spoken to very animated.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My gut told me to search his room. There are no holes in the foil. I've smoked pot from a hooka when I was younger and it's just not that. The sweet smelling one may have been some sort of flavored tobacco but I'm leaning more towards the pills for the other. It hardened in the foil and had a lot of ashes but no lines. When you burn pills, do they produce a very light colored ash and leave hard black pieces? The Therapist told me it was tobacco so I got nowhere with that.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

He's 17 and the cops have been to our property for other family members, found drugs and made no arrest because there are two houses and a detached garage on the property, they claim it would be too hard to prove who it belongs to. Unfortunately, my son heard one of the cops say it. I have called many times to report my nephews drugs and paraphernalia but the cops left and actually left the paraphernalia behind for me to destroy. Sometimes law has no logic.