Would this be considered enabling?

Old 04-21-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by choner11 View Post
Atalose, i guess thats where im confused. Im unsure as to if i want a relationship with him. I guess i need to work on that. When hes clean, our relationship is "fairytale", when he picks up, our relationship goes to ****!
Yup! Thats what kept me, and all our friends and my family so hopeful. He just has an enabling dad. Then he'd screw it all up. Everytime he'd get a year, everytime summer/winter/spring/fall came, you name it. Everytime I started to be able to trust him again, he'd relapse. The two days before school would start again were always the worst. I'd spend the whole semester messed up and not studying, like right now.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Im feeling unsure also about my AH. we have 2 kids together and the fairytale of him being a sober wonderful dad to my sons is a candle I have been burning for some time. He's out now...not making good choices, and that image and hope is fading fast. Im not sure I'll want him back in a year, because deep down I know he will never be well. all confidence is shot. I do however, have growing faith in me, so my suggestion to you is work from where you are, not where he'll be?! does that make sense?
Old 04-23-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by terryr97 View Post
Yup! Thats what kept me, and all our friends and my family so hopeful. He just has an enabling dad. Then he'd screw it all up. Everytime he'd get a year, everytime summer/winter/spring/fall came, you name it. Everytime I started to be able to trust him again, he'd relapse. The two days before school would start again were always the worst. I'd spend the whole semester messed up and not studying, like right now.
good luck Terry!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TabulaRasa81 View Post
Im feeling unsure also about my AH. we have 2 kids together and the fairytale of him being a sober wonderful dad to my sons is a candle I have been burning for some time. He's out now...not making good choices, and that image and hope is fading fast. Im not sure I'll want him back in a year, because deep down I know he will never be well. all confidence is shot. I do however, have growing faith in me, so my suggestion to you is work from where you are, not where he'll be?! does that make sense?
yes it does, thank you