The Girl Got sentenced for her crimes against son

Old 03-16-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Location: Caucasian;West Coast; Husband sometimes breathes fire; hence his nickname Dragon & mine Mrs. Dragon
The Girl Got sentenced for her crimes against son

If any of you remember the girl that my son was associating with for a while there. She is the one that he took away on a weekend trip. She ended up drunk and cutting him with glass, then during the early morning while he slept, she stole a couple of his credit cards, his ipad, and cash and took off. She purchased herself an airline ticket home, bought herself several goodies online including a diamond ring from BlueNile. (which she tried to claim he had bought her after asking her to marry him). She has been in jail since this happened months ago. From what I understand her family did bail her out, but she then violated the terms of that almost immediately, and ended up back in jail. What a mess.

She was sentenced recently and ended up with 36 months, and it looks like she will be forced to serve an 18 month minimum. She also has incurred thousands of dollars worth of fines related to all this which she will be required to pay once she is out. I have such mixed feelings over it. I am angry over what she did to my son, and I am glad that she is out of his life, glad that the whole situation seems to have shook him and after this happened he stopped his association with a lot of people, and seems to be stable now. But I cannot help but feel sympathy for her family, and for her also. I wish she could have got the help she needed, before much of what happened in her life, happened. Now she will have to live with the consequence of this for the rest of her life.

I also question my sons part in it. Nothing he did was a crime, but he surely did not do anything to help her situation, or build up her self resepect as a woman. But then that was not his responsibility was it? I know to him, their relationship was all fun and games. It was part of whatever phase he has been going through running away from serious commitment. I think she would have found herself in this same type of situation, or even worse if she had done this to another man. God has his reasons I suppose. Releasing all these thoughts to the universe.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sometimes there are strangely wrapped gifts in situations like this. Maybe the time in jail is what she needs to get herself grounded and clean again. And your son, we can only hope, has learned from this and grown.

Hopefully those will be the blessings. If not, their lessons are not done.

If your son had a part in all this, he has to live with that. If he didn't it's over and he can move on.

Hope your heart is less heavy tonight.

Hugs