I made the first big step

Old 03-13-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I made the first big step

Today I went to the court house and filed for an order of protection. Thankfully it was grant temporarily. I have until Friday for the final hearing with Addicted Other.

This allows me the no contact that I require.

DSS will investigate. Which is something that I welcome. As I know I need help.

The judge suggested I go to the life crisis and request an advocate. I have called and left a message and hope to hear back from them soon.

I fear any retaliation that AO might try to do... I think he is smart enough to follow the no contact rule thru the weekend.

There is apart of my heart that aches for him. I know he will feel pain when he finds out about what is happening. I wish he would see what his actions are doing to him... but I know he will direct his anger at me. That is not for me to dwell on.

I can only do and protect myself and the kids. That I am ok with. That is enough for me.

So hopefully this ends tonight.. and tomorrow I start the long but rewarding road.

Carrie
Old 03-13-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Hi Carrie, it's nice to see you back and inspiring to see you taking YOUR life back! thank you for the update!!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank yoy LMN. I sit here wondering why I didnt this when things were so much worse. But that doesnt matter now.

Better now than never.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by secondwind View Post
Thank yoy LMN. I sit here wondering why I didnt this when things were so much worse. But that doesnt matter now.

Better now than never.
I truly believe its a process. We do it whatever needs to be done when we are ready!

As for feeling bad for him, I hope you work though that...and quickly. Pity keeps us stuck! I used to feel do sorry for my husband then I finally realized he wasn't feeling anything because he was comfortably numb.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hate how slow the process has been for me. But I know I made it slow... I chose to draw this out for years.

The feeling bad will not last for long. I will keep busy. I need to just feel for me not him.

Carrie
Old 03-13-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There is apart of my heart that aches for him. I know he will feel pain when he finds out about what is happening.

what of his actions in the past year (or more) lead you to think this is plausible? is it truly HIS pain you feel or the pain you wish he WOULD feel?

YOU live in fear of what HE may do. YOU have children to protect. HIS thoughts and feelings are irrelevant now.

stay safe.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are doing exactly what you need to do to protect yourself and your children. I know this is hard and it will break your heart. I had to put the temporary order back in May. It wasn't easy but it was what I needed to do for my and my kids best interest. We all need to get to this point in our own way. We travel this rocky, long and winding road at our own pace. Look at it this way - At least you can say that you tried your best before you had to seek help. Now. you need to get help and protect yourself. There is no question. I wish you all the best and know that we are walking with you on this road...
Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
There is apart of my heart that aches for him. I know he will feel pain when he finds out about what is happening.

what of his actions in the past year (or more) lead you to think this is plausible? is it truly HIS pain you feel or the pain you wish he WOULD feel?

YOU live in fear of what HE may do. YOU have children to protect. HIS thoughts and feelings are irrelevant now.

stay safe.
It is the pain he will feel being separated from our child for the time being.

He will feel no pain in losing me or the rest of the family or anything else.

His feelings are irrelevant. I know I made the right decision. I did not lie or make things seems worse to the judge.

Thank you.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

the sheriff came to the house to serve AO and he wasn't here.
AO ended up texting me out of the blue about where he is, so I called the sheriff back and gave them the information. I hope they are able to serve AO.