Ugh EXAH broke NC

Old 03-11-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by jerect View Post
Trust me guys it wasn't easy. I came really really close to hitting send but I refuse to stoop to his level.. all I could think was I just watched my best friend bury his child over the weekend, I don't have time for this petty crap...if I was happy and in love the last thing I would want to do is share that with my ex spouse..

Block and walk is my new mantra :-)
No, it wasn't easy. But give yourself credit. He was looking for you to engage with him in the gutter, and you didn't go there. Nicely done.

ZoSo
Old 03-11-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The best revenge is living a very happy and fulfilled life and I'm trying to do just that and obviously he knows that or else he wouldn't have tried to steal my joy..
BINGO!

I know I could have a lot of laughs with the "should ofs" and the humor would release the frustrations but....is that healthy????
Not the way I used to do it.....it wasn't healthy at all. I would obsess about something like this until I turned blue. Living and re-living a fabricated response--knowing I wouldn't send it but still running it through my head over and over again. I don't do that anymore and I'm much happier. I let it go. >POOF<

I loved the "block and walk" statement. Perfect. I had to do that to my AXH 30 years (yup.....30 YEARS.....you read that right) after I divorced him. He started sending me serial text threats....I ruined his life....etc etc etc. It's much healthier to move forward, lose the resentment and anger and live well. I truly feel bad for him....not pity but definitely compassion. It must be really awful to live with that much anger and resentment.....holding onto the past with a death grip.

This is one of the most inspirational threads that I've read in a while! Good job!!!!

gentle hugs (again)
ke