Almost three months....

Old 03-10-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost three months....

Hello SR family!

For those who have read and responded to my posts since December, I'd like to share with you how much you all have helped me with my breakup w my exabf.

Also, for those who are contemplating or just recently broke up with your addict...this may give you some hope.

Yes...it was so rough at the start. I lost sleep. I was hurt and scared. I doubted myself. Many mixed feelings. Three things helped me along the way...and still do..

1. Thank God everyday for all I have and pray for inner peace.
2. Post and read threads on SR. SR family helped me so much and made me feel there is hope and to be patient and take care of me.
3. Continue each day to see how special I am...and to love me more each day.

I do see that light at the end of the tunnel 😻 And its not a freight train! It's serenity

I feel so great..yes some days I feel a little down, but I pick myself back up with positive thoughts. These sad feelings are disminishing each passing day.

I hope this gives hope to those going through the initial difficult phase.

And thank you SR family for all you did for me! I couldn't have done it without you. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Jennie 💕
Old 03-10-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the positive and hopeful post. Serenity is wonderful, and I wish you continued peace.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Great post, thank you for sharing and for the update. Sounds like you are on your way to a much healthier place in only 3 months. Congratulations.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you for sharing your light. Sometimes it takes work to find our balance and walk through the pain, but knowing what helps and making a conscious effort to do that each day is a big step in moving one.

May you have many beautiful days ahead and wonderful new beginnings.

Hugs
Old 03-10-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing this. You've given me hope that it DOES get better and I just need to hang in there. So happy you're finding peace within yourself.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Everhopeful721...it does get better! It takes time and a lot of hope.

This is the second time I broke up w exabf...we even got engaged. I've learned I can't change him so I had to let him go for both of us to heal.

Hugs to you! Believe in yourself
Old 03-10-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you, Jennie ((hugs))

It definitely brings hope. At my Al Anon meeting 2 days ago I was feeling very overwhelmed and was crying during my share. The guy who spoke after me said that he meant no offense, but my crying helped him to see how much progress he had made during his 90 days in Al Anon. He remembered back to when he was 3 weeks in like I was and how much of a mess he still felt...but now 90 days in he could really see the difference.

It is SO helpful to hear from those who are slightly ahead of where I am in the process as well as YEARS ahead of where I am. I really believe in the Al Anon program and in the whole concept of getting myself into recovery to treat the sickness I have come down with as a result of interacting with an addict in my family.

Keep up the great self-loving and I look forward to being able to share my 90 day story with everyone here soon too. : )
Old 03-10-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Shinebright7, cry away! I still do! It's great to get your feelings out

Many hugs to you! Xoxo

I'm here for you 😻