Pot, crack, lies addict insight

Old 03-14-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

My exabf was a binge crack user, he could go up to 5 weeks without using, then bam off he'd go, in the beginning the I perceived the time as non use to be his normal state, not altered, that was all in my fantasy world, he was in no way shape or form "normal" and the longer the addiction went on, even my sick/codie mind couldn't justify the "normal" timeframe, as there was none. This drug and others had altered his brain...forever.

The more that I worked on me, the more that I could see clearly, the healthier I became, soon, I jumped off the rollercoaster ride from hell, and, moved forward with my "normal" life....and his...well, he is now addicted to pain pills, he has a mixed connective tissue disease brought on by his 25+ years of using hard drugs (doctors determination, not mine), use a walker and a medical scooter, is paranoid, has no short term memory or real ability to reason.

He used drugs before me, during his time with me, and after me, being with or without me or his family made no difference....he will die a drug addict, I believe that he, like so many others, has no bottom.

Horrible disease that is in every crack and creves of our lives.

Learn all you can about addiction, focus on you, make informed decisions, and...think with your head...not your heart...your heart is not designed to do the thinking...it is your emotional barometer.

Sending support your way.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sober is sober.

Not sober is not sober.

Somewhere in there one plus one does not equal two.

Addcit mentality. My xabf wasn't an alcoholic because he didn't drink til 6.

Really?????
Old 03-14-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Originally Posted by Katiekate View Post
Sober is sober.

Not sober is not sober.

Somewhere in there one plus one does not equal two.

Addcit mentality. My xabf wasn't an alcoholic because he didn't drink til 6.

Really?????
My mother states she is not an alcoholic either, as she does not drink for 12 hours...starts at breakfast, drinks until she passes out, no later than 7pm...12 hours later she starts again... but according to her, she is not an alcoholic...they drink 24 hrs a day!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
KLM

My AH is/WAS a binger... but since January it has become more frequent. He is at work now and I have started to pack his stuff. Such a hard process but needs to be done. The problem is that Im scared of what is going to happen financially. I participated in all of the extras that he wanted, cars, sleds etc and now I will be paying for them with my credit rating. The path he has chosen is drugs and albeit he HAS gone to work thus far.. he was late by 1.5 days this time.... its only going to get worse. And repo man will be coming to my door.
I have seen lawyers and they suggest I try to get all this stuff in my H name... or sell it. I need his signature to do either.
Frick... why cant they see what they are doing.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

why cant they see what they are doing.

they can! they just don't care, not when they're rippin' and runnin'.