JJ got arrested!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that this time was "the time" but it all adds up. Once my ex really got sober he said that all of the time that he had added up in recovery/rehabs made a difference for him. He said he knew what to do when he finally decided to do it.

More the point - my thoughts are with and about you. You are handling this with a lot of grace and strength. As a mom, I know how difficult it is not to hope and to also feel the disappointment. But...you know a lot about recovery (especially your own) and you know what to do and how to move forward.

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and JJ.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi

I haven't been posting n a while but I'm back sorry to hear about your son , my son is currently out there relapsing after a bit of sobriety like your son when things are getting better he self destructs it is hard to comprehend , me and the family are making some hard decisions to not let him back in the home seems we have come to the end of our rope either that or some us are ending up in a mental asylum ourselves , sending you prayers
Old 02-21-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am sorry that he isn't finished yet but like you said he has some tools and knows what he will need to do when he is ready I will be saying an extra prayer for you and JJ. tonight.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I just want you all to know that I really really appreciate the love and unity we all have here. I never feel alone knowing that many of us are in this predicament and some don't know where their loved ones are right now, but we all realize that WE have love in our hearts for our Addicted ones and that THEY must find their way back without our interference. Opening up and letting go of the shame is so liberating. Though I would never wish this EVER on anyone, there is a strength and faith I have that my HP has ME under His care and in good times, that sometimes isn't as clear to me.
Bad times make us really appreciate what we have. I love you all
TT
Old 02-21-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Your strength is shining through, and a wonderful example to all of us with children. My little one recently turned "1", he is so innocent and filled with wonder. I know as he grows, part of me will always see him like this, whatever his future holds. Sending my prayers out to you, and your whole family tonight.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My mama heart goes out to you. I know it's hard. Continue to trust in your HP, and thank you for sharing your ESH.

Sending prayers for you, JJ, and your family.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ilovemysonjj View Post
I just want you all to know that I really really appreciate the love and unity we all have here. I never feel alone knowing that many of us are in this predicament and some don't know where their loved ones are right now, but we all realize that WE have love in our hearts for our Addicted ones and that THEY must find their way back without our interference. Opening up and letting go of the shame is so liberating. Though I would never wish this EVER on anyone, there is a strength and faith I have that my HP has ME under His care and in good times, that sometimes isn't as clear to me.
Bad times make us really appreciate what we have. I love you all
TT
Well said. And we love you too, sweetie.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lightseeker View Post
I'm so sorry that this time was "the time" but it all adds up. Once my ex really got sober he said that all of the time that he had added up in recovery/rehabs made a difference for him. He said he knew what to do when he finally decided to do it.
A resounding yes to to that, for my brother and me as well. Astounding how often I suddenly grasp something I heard years ago and never understood.

Also began feeling a little hope each time I got news that something bad had happened because I had come to believe that it was all part of my brother's the path to recovery.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by Ilovemysonjj View Post
Thanks Just for 1, but I ask you .... Where is experience strength and hope in your message?
My hope is your son gets clean/sober while incarcerated. I apologize if I'm wrong but hasn't your son made multiple rehab attempts? Many addicts find sobriety in jail. IMO jails/prisons will also have more mental health treatment than the average "state run" rehab. Rehabs are a piece of the puzzle. They are not usually the puzzle put together.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Just for 1- My son has done one stint in in patient rehab last year for 4 months. He has been in jail twice in the last 18 months. He was sober during rehab last year and relapsed when my Mother passed away in our home. He was also sober during his last stint in jail almost 5 months. This relapse is 10 days after he was released from jail and put into inpatient rehab.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

TT
I'm sorry to hear that JJ is again incarcerated. It's sounds like you are at that point of not riding the roller coaster of emotions anymore......just taking it in stride. It stings when they do this but I've found that I no longer ride the "highs" of sobriety or the "lows" of relapse. It's a much healthier perspective for us when we can just stay somewhat emotionally detached from it all. You're doing good.......take care of you.

You and JJ remain in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 02-23-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Location: Caucasian;West Coast; Husband sometimes breathes fire; hence his nickname Dragon & mine Mrs. Dragon
So very sorry to hear the news about your son. My prayers go out to both of you. One thing is certain, God is watching over both of you this day.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

So sorry TT! May God continue to comfort you and give you strength!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Oh you poor thing =( you have been through so much. You don't deserve this. You posts put things into perspective for me. I am so sorry for your pain but so glad you have clarity and understand you cant control his actions.
I pray that someday your son changes his ways. I also pray for peace and happiness for you.
I'm glad you know none of this is your fault. It isn't. These are his choices. Addiction is an evil b**** makes you hurt people, it ruins everything. But it's not reflection you. You sound like an amazing Mother.
I am so sorry for you I guess I don't know what else to say. Stay strong.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Deepest sympathy - from a parent of an addict to another. I feel your pain and see your struggle to rise above your son's disease. While I cannot blame my son for his disease I blame him for his lack of desire to take responsibility and take steps to better his lot. However this is a chronic relapsing disease. Perhaps you can find hope that your son will hit his bottom in prison and start to turn himself around. Thank you for your kind words in my thread. It helped. Where there is life there is hope. One day recovery will become permanent.