random break up

Old 02-03-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dasiydoc View Post
When I talk to my boyfriend about his addiction, I try to think of it sort of like that, and draw lines where I think they are appropriate.
can you tell me more about that. thats really good idea
Old 02-03-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

the thing is my boyfriend can say lots of things that hurts me. and i am really trying to keep cool, but im very sensitive at the moment. for the whole relationship he was telling me how amazing he feels with me, how much i mean to him and how i keep him survive. all the most sweet things you can ever imagine. till last week when he decided we actually decompose as relationship and he wasnt happy. that what he based his breaking up at. so is he lying now or did he before?
Old 02-03-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stucna View Post
I need to remember you cant quit addiction in one week.

are there any moments when your boyfriend react normal? i havent seen it with mine for couple weeks. he is so depressed, nothuing makes him happy...
In the 8 days he was not using, he was anxious and depressed. He took a few days off work at the start, but had to go back after that. He has kept it together at work, but his mood is flat when there. (we work together so I see him at work). When he used on Thursday – he felt better and was happier and more relaxed. But that is because he fed his brain the drugs it wanted ! His new doctor told him to give it a few weeks and then they would have an idea of his baseline for anxiety and the depression. He told him he could prescribe some medication to help him with those things. He also gave him a prescription for anxiety meds that he could use for immediate relief if it got bad. The doctor told him he would rather him take that instead of using the cocaine again. But my boyfriend thought he would not need it. Did not fill it, and then got the urge to use and made the decision to get cocaine. If he had that medicine the doctor prescribed then he might have taken it, and it never would have happened. #thatwasdumb
Old 02-03-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dasiydoc View Post
In the 8 days he was not using, he was anxious and depressed.
thats why i thought my boyfriend took yesterday. he was very peaceful and calm and at some point his nose got runny... and he slept till 3pm today.

ive got some questions if you dont mind
what kind of doctor have you visited?
was that CBT psychologist?
did your boyfriend asked for help by himself?
have you ever suggested your boyfriend to use help?
Old 02-03-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stucna View Post
thats why i thought my boyfriend took yesterday. he was very peaceful and calm and at some point his nose got runny... and he slept till 3pm today.

ive got some questions if you dont mind
what kind of doctor have you visited?
was that CBT psychologist?
did your boyfriend asked for help by himself?
have you ever suggested your boyfriend to use help?
Im going to send you a private message later tonight if that is ok. I have some stuff that I have to take care of, and I want to have time to answer your questions properly. There are a lot of similarities between us ! Makes me feel good to have someone to talk to. My boyfriend and I share most of the same friends and no one knows he uses. I have basically no one to talk to about how I feel, or the situation. So great timing that you showed up when you did, we can compare notes as we go along. LOL
Old 02-03-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

i really appreciate you are here! my boyfriend told me and then few people, but not to many. so i dont want to "spread the news". i talked to my psychology friend, can give you some of her advices, pretty awesome. its better to talk to people that has got experience. i just know what you going through. i tried to talk to my friend that never had anything to do with drugs and shes verry supportive but cant help.

i am really happy to meat you! you wont believe how many tears ive cried today, or maybe you do... x
Old 02-03-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

*meet
Old 02-03-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

One of the best things about SR; when you find others who can relate to you & you no longer feel alone.