almost there...

Old 10-11-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

almost there...

I feel like I'm coming to the end of the road with my xah. That I know it is over and fully accept it. I'm so close. Sitting here, I think I wish he could come over and we hug and just let everything go. We move on. We raise our son together. We were a great team. It was so hard to let go of this fairytale.

My son wants his daddy. I want my husband. But it is just unrealistic. He doesn't want me, and wants his son only on his terms.

I feel so sorry for him.

My very first post on SR was "is cocaine REALLY that powerful" why yes, it is. This so called man gave up evrything for it. It was painful, but I'm almost to the finish line. Getting thru just a bit more. But no, I don't want a liar and cheater in my life. I want a man. A real man. One who is loyal, smart, caring and thoughtful. It surprises me sometimes of how I was the selfish bossy one in the relationship. Hmmm...I think I was selfish and bossy when he wasn't getting his way. I married a passive aggressive spiteful child. Good riddance!

I might be alone, but at least I got me!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Story74, I so understand that wish to be able to relate like two adults, to be cooperative and loving parents, even if you are divorced. That feeling will subside over time. You sound really strong, calm, and centered. Keep hugging and loving your son, knowing you have done the best thing for him, too. Thanks for sharing where you are right now. I wish you all the best!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Story, this is why we say addiction really is a family disease, because the entire family suffers.

I'm so sorry things are not better for you and your son and wish it weren't so bad. But I know how powerful addiction is and sometimes we need to save ourselves or we go down into that dark abyss with them.

Keeping you and your boy in my prayers.

Hugs
Old 10-11-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((Story))), I am sorry your hurting we will finish the walk with you. I hate drugs.

You will be OK and your son will thrive. You have come a long ways.