asking for a different sort of prayer here

Old 09-16-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

asking for a different sort of prayer here

Hello all my dear SoberRecovery friends:

I am asking that all of you offer prayers of gratitude and thanksgiving to our Higher Power on behalf of my son, thanking Him for putting people and circumstances in my AS's life that point him out of drugs and into recovery. I have heard some amazing stories from Recovering Addicts on how our Higher Power worked in their lives, and I know that is happening for my son even though I do not (and may never) know the details of his current situation.

My son recently spent a couple of weeks in jail and has a court date tomorrow AM for what I think is arraignment/trial because he is finally being held accountable by the legal system for his absolute refusal for years to pay traffic tickets, show up for court dates, owing the Secretary of State thousands of dollars, and yet continuing to drive without license, insurance, valid plates, etc. My son has not contacted me through any of this. I only know these things by third-party. So he is totally alone with his Higher Power and without his mom's face in the picture to somehow take his focus off the severity of this. But I know his Higher Power is very much involved here, and that is why I am so grateful and why I would appreciate your prayers of gratitude also.

Thank you so very much! God is good!

Sojourner
Old 09-16-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sent my prayer of gratitude, Sojourner. You're an inspiration, stepping back and letting his higher power work for him without your "mom filter." he's right where he needs to be!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Prayers of gratitude going up! HP and having to face consequences led me to recovery, and I pray the same works for your son.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-16-2012, 11:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending my prayers of Thanksgiving , Gratitude and undying faith. God is definitely at work.
Love
Teresa
Old 09-16-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for reminder to remain in a state of gratitude, no matter what.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

God cannot do His work when we mama's get in the way, even God doesn't like to mess with the mamas .

It is amazing to watch good things unfold once we let go.

My gratitude prayers today will begin first and foremost a big "thank You for guiding sojourner's son".

I am happy for you and for your son too...with all the trouble he has to face, sobriety, his HP and the support of his group will see him through.

Hugs
Old 09-16-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

If only he hadn't learned to drive that car at 4 years of age, he might have fewer tickets!

You're amazing, an inspiration in non-dependency and an awesome non-hovering mom!!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Prayers of gratitude are my favorite prayers. I'll add this to my daily conversation with my HP.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-16-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Prayers of gratitude being offered.

Peace and health to you and your son.