So Lonely...

Old 09-01-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
He is in jail, he is not there, so I am not understaning, he fills your lonely feelings by talking to you on the phone at your expense?

Throw yourself into some deep therapy to get to the source of your issues, until you do you will always be looking for someone else to fill the void that sits in the depth of your soul.

Another cannot fill that void, your happiness and peace is rooted within youself, it does not come from another.
he is still trying to steal your $$$ that you have worked so hard for...why can he do this...you are free and your life is full of options. exercise them.

go to the phone store, get a new number for your new life, maybe a new phone, go have a coffee out, think about all you have going for you....i hope you realize soon that you dodged a big bullet. this guy is NOT someone you want to drag through life....you don't need his crying excuses about what happened, he's a giant weight.

I am hoping for the best for you...congrats on getting back to grad school.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

First AL Anon meeting is Monday, therapy is Wednesday. Wish me luck!
HUGE! This is HUGE! Look at you!

Each step you take toward taking care of you.....is a giant leap toward ending that loneliness.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-01-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

there were times in my very recent past when I would mother/comfort/self care for myself by actually lying in bed in tears and I would pet my own head and tell myself over and over "you're going to be okay Les, you're going to be okay..."
I also took many baths, because the warm water held me and comforted me...we go through this grief when we have to walk away from love.
it is so counter intuitive, even when there are obvious reasons to do so...there is the heart break even when things have become awful.
comfort yourself, and you begin/are already beginning to let others do so as well.
peace
(((((((((hugs!))))))))))))
Old 09-01-2012, 09:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by outtolunch View Post
You have the power to end all contact with this guy and not risk ongoing temptation to take his calls, any time you want to do so. Take a giant step towards treating yourself better and becoming your own best friend and and change your #.
I vouch for this! I did it...........it was wonderful.

(like turning off a 'misery' switch!)
Old 09-02-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This thread has been one of the most helpful since I've been here.

Thanks Fenway for sharing and thanks to everyone who shared. I've been doing great in the last 2 months and today have had many triggers and have been in and out of tears most of the day.
The words in here have just calmed me down tremendously
thank you all