JJ finally got arrested

Old 08-29-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

JJ finally got arrested

Like TJP said, "whoo hoo!" At least I know where he is. I don't think he will be eligible for bail since he was on probation and had not met with his probation officer since May. he currently has two misdemeanors for using public transportation without paying which he should do time for in addition to a grand theft charge that is showing on is record for today at 3:30 AM.
This in addition to the crime committed against us means at least a few months behind bars.

I am at peace, at least in jail he will not be able to readily get heroin and I dont think I am going to add anything to his commissary right now. I may add phone time but not much.

I will keep everyone posted. Thank you again for prayers for JJ's safety. He is breathing, and when they breathe, there is still hope.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Your recovery work is an example for all of us! l am glad he is "safe" in jail, too.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am also glad he is now in a "safer" place you have been through H3ll lately I pray you can now have some peace.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know this sounds strange to some, but that is GREAT news! :-/ How did you find out?...did he call you?
Old 08-29-2012, 11:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You and JJ have been in my prayers and will continue to be. Thanks for the update. What a relief that must be to know where he is.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is great news! Cheesecake for all.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When I came to SR I considered the idea of people being 'relieved' when their
loved one is in jail to be completely foreign.Now I find it to be normal.

A controlled environment,with careers and pensions on the line if improprieties are
found---beats the hell out of having the people we care about enmeshed in the
dog-eat-dog violent drug underworld.

The dope nest the lady I cared for lives in has one member called "doc".He's the
'house physician'

.......flunked out of Army Medic school after 2 days in---just before Army booted
him out for 'malfeasance' (you are a habitual thief but they don't have the time/
energy to prove it----easier to just get rid of you).

Solid creds.

JJ is out of 'scumworld' for awhile......and we are all relieved.If he has an illness
he will be treated by a person who went the distance
----and has a license to lose.

NOT "doc".
Old 08-29-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have to admit...as soon as I saw the title of this thread I yelled out "YES!!!!!!" Okay, so scared the poor chihuahua, but she'll be fine

I know this is a huge relief to you, and I think it is to us all. Now, pass the cheesecake, please!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-29-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello Posse members! Just to let you know, i habitually check the "whos in jail" website in SD every day and today, his name pops up. I had a brief moment of panic, then realized this is the BEST thing that could happen to get JJ to see his options are severely limited.
Thank you all for the supportive words, I know to those who haven't had our experiences, hearing someone shout "Yes or Whoo Hoo" when finding out their loved one is in jail would be confusing or downright offended. WE all know better. Three hots and a cot is better than God knows what he has been doing.

Love
Teresa
Old 08-29-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great news! I bet this is such a relief for you.
Hopefully this will be the beginning of JJ's journey to sobriety.

You, JJ, and your family are in my prayers.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Oh Theresa, I am so happy you know where your beloved son JJ is and that he is alive and safe. I continue to pray he has hit his bottom and becomes motivated to work on his recovery. Stay strong and faithful!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Praise God, praise God, praise God! I am so happy and relieved to hear JJ is okay, he's off the streets, you know where he is. I pray this experience leads him toward the light. And I pray you can relax into the peace you have right now.

You and JJ will remain in my prayers.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Still Standing

It'a wonderful to hear that you now know that your son is alive & safely off the streets. I totally agree that this is a huge blessing. It took me a few years to learn that with my son, so yes it is certainly not understandable to those who haven't been through horror with an addict child. But those of us who have an addict child do certainly know the danger they are in when not incarcerated. You've been through alot lately, so now it's time for you to get to take a deep breath & do some recouperating. ******************{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}
Old 08-29-2012, 07:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Reading all of the responses made me laugh. Where else could you find so much rejoicing over a loved one being arrested?! It's not at all funny, but just thinking of what the response of a non-naranon person would be. Have to walk a mile in our bunny slippers, don't they, Ann.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Coming to this thread a little late.... THANK GOD, Teresa!! I have been so worried about JJ!! So good to know that he is safe, yet in a position that might help him reach his bottom. Now you can rest a little easier for awhile. Sending up prayers that this will be a turning point for him.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dang I missed this....busy busy day today. It's so strange to say " I'm so glad to hear your son is in jail." and mean it in a good way.

I hope you're able to sleep soundly knowing that JJ is somewhere other than the streets. You are both in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 08-29-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Boy, I so get your joy over his being in jail!! I always felt like I was on a Carribean Cruise when my son was in jail. These incarcerations are like little respites for my stress level!! Funny, I remember the first time and how upset and devestated I was... Boy, I have come a long way.. the sense of relief seeing he is still on that inmate rooster online..Wonder if we could pay for them to stay longer??
Old 08-29-2012, 09:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My ABF is in jail too. Well my Ex... phone time is ridiculously expensive. If he can't pay for it I wouldn't use your hard earned money to do so...he doesn't sound like he deserves it. My ABF's Mom isn't using her own money to pay to speak with him and I wish I was strong enough to do that!
Jail is probably what he needs. Maybe it will be a wake up call
Maybe not.
That isn't your problem or within your control.
Take this time to work on you and your recovery.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

haven't been around much lately, so glad I logged on. I'm happy for you that you can have some peace and will continue to pray for JJ that God is directing him away from heroin. No one is in jail outside of God's sovereign hand.

Big hugs to you today
Old 08-30-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Follow up question to the Posse: Phone time or no phone time.

Thank you all for the encouragement and replies. JJ has his first court order to appear scheduled for 9-4, which gives him time to detox. Our jail system has the necessary medical care if he needs it.
Question and your thoughts... Should I add some phone time for him and email him to let him know or should I just wait to hear from him?
I doubt he even had a dollar on him when he got arrested so probably has no option to buy his own phone time.