New drug of choice?

Old 07-17-2012, 02:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New drug of choice?

Dear members...
After all the advice received from my one thread 'is there ever hope of a loving relationship'..part of my process of detachment is going over the events of the last few months WITHOUT the rose tinted glasses (DENIAL)..I am not rehashing everything - as there is a point I need to reach to move on - and stop living in the past - but I really really need to be realistic here - and not live in denial - and it's so much easier to walk away from someone I love, if I completely, utterly KNOW that H is bad news for me....that chances of relapse is so high.....
I remember a night about 2 months ago - usually we spend the evenings together, but I noticed he would always go home early, and insisting on being alone (I believed all part of his recovery - and that H was desperately trying to keep it together) - I also believed it was to control what he drank - to remove himself from potential disaster with drinking too much and then snorting cocaine again...well this is what H told me..... well on this particular night he asked if I didn't mind if I didn't stay with him that night - I said of course not - I understood he needed his space... the next morning I went past his house very early, he opened his door, seemed VERY sleepy (possibly because of the sleeping pills he now takes).... I went to his bathroom to collect my things, and I noticed this really strange smell.... it was nothing I recognised...I know what hash and weed smells like - but this smell was almost like stale urine combined with a sickly sweet smell...it was nauseating (sp??).....I had never smelt it before...I honestly thought perhaps the toilet drain was blocked - but it wasn't..... does anyone have ANY idea what it could be?? The only substances freely available where H lives (as it is on an island) is the obious grass, cocaine and heroine....
My gut tells me he was smoking SOMETHING!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have no clue what the smell could be from maybe also post on the substance side?
What I can tell you is one of the things I have learned here is listen to your GUT.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Many drugs have a smell, crack and meth smell different than pot or hash.

It doesn't matter what it was, what matters is that you can move forward and leave this behind you.

To paraphrase what someone else said recently here...in a healthy relationship we don't have to guess if the smell is drugs.

Hugs
Old 07-17-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Dear members...
After all the advice received from my one thread 'is there ever hope of a loving relationship'..part of my process of detachment is going over the events of the last few months WITHOUT the rose tinted glasses (DENIAL)..I am not rehashing everything - as there is a point I need to reach to move on - and stop living in the past - but I really really need to be realistic here - and not live in denial - and it's so much easier to walk away from someone I love, if I completely, utterly KNOW that H is bad news for me....that chances of relapse is so high.....
I remember a night about 2 months ago - usually we spend the evenings together, but I noticed he would always go home early, and insisting on being alone (I believed all part of his recovery - and that H was desperately trying to keep it together) - I also believed it was to control what he drank - to remove himself from potential disaster with drinking too much and then snorting cocaine again...well this is what H told me..... well on this particular night he asked if I didn't mind if I didn't stay with him that night - I said of course not - I understood he needed his space... the next morning I went past his house very early, he opened his door, seemed VERY sleepy (possibly because of the sleeping pills he now takes).... I went to his bathroom to collect my things, and I noticed this really strange smell.... it was nothing I recognised...I know what hash and weed smells like - but this smell was almost like stale urine combined with a sickly sweet smell...it was nauseating (sp??).....I had never smelt it before...I honestly thought perhaps the toilet drain was blocked - but it wasn't..... does anyone have ANY idea what it could be?? The only substances freely available where H lives (as it is on an island) is the obious grass, cocaine and heroine....
My gut tells me he was smoking SOMETHING!
He is probably smoking herione. The smell is like a combination of catnip/aniseed, musky damp smell. It is nauseating. Lesley got into this. Needless to say it is tickets from here out. Sorry but H has diversified his drug tastes! Walk away and fast!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My AH smoked K2/spice. It has a kind of cigar smell to it. He liked it because it was legal (at the time) and easy to obtain and didn't show on a urine test.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Doesn't matter what it was. You may never figure it out and may likely make yourself crazy trying to. Trust your instincts, Lara.