Thinking about moving closer to Husbands Rehab

Old 06-15-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

WOW NYTEPASSION! Great post!! This post was written for me as well. I really needed to read that just the way you wrote it. Thank you!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Your first post touched me. I am new to all this but I have to agree with everyone. You should sstay where you.are and let him continue on his recovery and you yours.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

addiction is cunning, baffling, powerful...horribly so.

if your addiction is him then you might find yourself resistant to hearing about the reasons not to go...and coming up with more reasons to go.

so many addicts have children, evidenced here. the love of or for a child can't stop addiction. his bonding with your child is not enough to secure his recovery...that has been proved over and over and over again...

however the child's bonding with him...and then his possible disappearance into post rehab relapse...can be emotionally destructive for the child. this has also been proved over and over and over again.

you are not doing the child, or him, or yourself any favors by trying to force bonding too soon.
an addict in early recovery can have intense feelings of guilt in the face of the child that then becomes their next secret/reason to use...then everyone loses, the child, him and yourself. if a therapist is suggesting that the child be used as emotional leverage to secure his recovery then I am afraid for the foundation of your future,