There is hope

Old 04-18-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

There is hope

There is hope for me, you and our loved ones. Addiction is one of the most baffling experiences I've yet to understand... (never really will)! Yet at the same time one of the most freeing experiences I've ever had! It has forced me to look, honestly look at me! While I've educated myself as to what addicts do, I've had to look at what addiction has done to me and what codependency has done to me. Its been a painful process either way and is still an ongoing process of growing and learning and taking things one day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time. As I have spent the last several years diligently gathering tools to be mentally healither, I have experienced much needed changes within myself. I have certainly have not "arrived" nor will I, but my reactions to lifes ups and downs and addtiction have done a 360. I know what serenity is and I like it, ALOT!

Im sharing this today because I hope it will encourage, give some hope to those hurting. The pain I was in was hell on earth and alot of that pain was self inflicted, when I truly began to keep the focous on me, miracles began to happen. I got out of Gods way and stoped thinking I had all the answers and trying to figure everything out and just kept on trying to work on me. Sure I have days where I "pick up" start getting in a fog in my head and trying to figure it (addicts) behavior out, trusting an active user etc.... however I feel unsettling feeling in my gut and think woah, what's going on here. That's when I pray call someone or go to a meeting or read here. Before I know it the peace is back and my head is clear and my good friend serenity is back! I make many mistakes but don't beat myself up for them, I just try to learn from them. Sometimes it takes a while......

Be good to yourselfs, keep the focous on you feel what your feeling and let it go. Don't give up striving for a better you, it is truly amazing where this journey can take you! Prayers always for those suffering from addiction and those suffering from its effects. There is hope for a better today and tomorrow, one day at a time!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That serenity stuff does feel good doesn't it!

Thanks for sharing your hope!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-18-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Thank you Bunkie and thank you God!

This is exactly what I needed to read, at exactly the right time!

I am so happy you have peace and thank you for sharing. God bless!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I always maintain that I would not wish my life on my worst enemy...yet I wouldn't trade one day of it with anyone...because where I have been has led me to where I am today, in a place of peace, serenity, and joy.

Glad you found it too bunkie, it's such a nice place to be after the chaos we have lived through.

Hugs
Old 04-20-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I love the expression "get out of God's way". I totally agree that miracles happen when you hand everything over to him. "Letting go and letting God" hasn't been so easy though. I have good days and bad days, typically the good days I've let God run the show. The bad days I've tried to control things. Ugh, you would think I'd learn. God is amazing and the work he does is very clear to see if you just let him do it.

Unfortunately today was a bad day, I tried too hard to control the situation and it back-fired and pushed away the addict in my life. Of course I'm beating up on myself now. I know God won't give up on me though. Tomorrow is another day...
Old 04-20-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Case and point... I just got done writing that post and my RGF asked me out to dinner tonight. You never know how God is going to work things out.