Gratitude list

Old 04-15-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gratitude list

Today I found myself in a very dark spot. Lack of sleep was a definite contributor as I was babysitting my sister's 1 year old as well as taking care of my own almost 2 year old, neither of whom care for sleep very much apparently. I was also finding myself very triggered by her obvious drug use when she eventually arrived home, plus she fell asleep on the sofa in the living room and the whole scene was way way too familiar. So here I am, it's 7.30pm in the UK do instead of falling head first into a depressing rabbit hole now my daughter is in bed, I'm going to give you all a list of the things I'm grateful for today.

1. I almost have my own home again! I sign a week on Friday. So exciting, it's beautiful and exactly what I wanted.
2. I have a beautiful, perfect little girl. Everything I do, she's at the centre of it- if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have had the strength to leave my abusive addicted ex.
3. Today the weather was sunny, and we spent a nice hour sat in the garden playing with the dog.
4. I have amazing FA friends who can truly help me through a crisis- although things don't feel like a crisis now that I have people to turn to.
5. I am lucky enough to have the use of a fabulous DV centre, and one of the women there is also an FA friend so I am very lucky to be able to call her when I need help.
6. I have a very blank canvas for my future, I know what I want to do and I'm going to research into getting there.
7. I have a roof over my head. Although I don't like the situation I'm in right now, I'm very lucky I didn't have to live in a hostel when I left my ex.
8. Some of my literature is really starting to 'click'. I think I'm starting to GET it.
9. I have cheesecake and I'm going to take my first bubble bath in almost 2 years

So.. What are you grateful for today?
Old 04-15-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am grateful for my sanity.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
And Presents For Pretty Girls

What a wonderful post! Wish we were closer...cheesecake sounds good!

I am grateful for both of my kids...who i waited 13 years to have and who I love with all my heart.

I am grateful for the little furballs I adopted a few months ago from the shelter. Watching the two of them get into stuff and play and have their unconditional kitty love is awesome.

I am grateful for having a roof over my head and a great place for my kids to grow up.

I am grateful for waking up to see the sun come up. To hear the birds and the smell the fresh spring air and to be alive.

Yes, we should all be grateful everyday for being alive .
Old 04-15-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Outtolunch I don't feel I can claim to have that just yet, maybe some day soon!

I thought of another.. I am grateful to have SR to turn to when it's an unfriendly hour and I'm lonely and struggling to not pick up the phone and call my ex. Posting/reading here helps me to regain some focus.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I am grateful that I had the mindset to walk away from my addicted, sick, exbf. Could not have done it without the guidance and support from SR...meetings were the springboard, SR gave me the sense and understanding to do what was right for me.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Just Keep Swimming

I am grateful for my kids, our car, my job and education, the kids' school and teachers, for friends and family and for the brownies I made
Old 04-15-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am grateful for the unseasonably warm weather we had today. For being healthy enough to play with my beautiful, smiling neices and nephews,, for the cool breeze coming through the open window, for the normal mother-son conversation I had with my AS tonight, and for the knowledge that even if tomorrow brings news that bursts my bubble I'll still be okay.

Today was a good day. I am very grateful for that.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am grateful that after spending several weeks house hunting; we finally found "the one" this weekend.

I am also grateful that my new friend from SR suggested I add frosting to the Rice Krispie Treats that I was making. Brilliant suggestion; they were amazing.

There's more I'm grateful for, but right now I cant stop thinking about those treats (at home)....sigh.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. I was grumpy on my way home from work today when I thought that I should practice gratitude. I realized that I was thankful for the beautiful blue skies. I am also thankful for having a job, a car, school, a roof over my head, sweet pets, food in the cabinets, good health ... really, when I start thinking about it, I have a lot to be thankful for. Thank you for sharing!!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

A wonderful friend of mine told me she has a rainy day list. A list of reasons she pulls out and reads when she's having a rainy day- and it reminds her of why it's actually a beautiful day.
Today I'm grateful for all the beautiful, amazing souls out there- allowing me to regain my faith and trust in people and always reminding me that life is truly what you make it.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Windmills View Post
A wonderful friend of mine told me she has a rainy day list. A list of reasons she pulls out and reads when she's having a rainy day- and it reminds her of why it's actually a beautiful day.

That's a really beautiful idea Windmills. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am grateful for the peace and serenity in my life today. And grateful for spring, with its blossoms and birds and wonderful warm breezes.

I am grateful that I no longer live in the dark world of addiction, that my prayer for my son each day lets me give him to God and then live life as it was intended, with joy and appreciation for the beauty in each day.

Hugs