son kicked out of sober living: Long post

Old 03-17-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm praying that your son will surface to let you know he is okay.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
it is what it is

i am so sorry for your burden upon burden - sometimes the only thing we can physically do is breathe - then move on to the spiritual realm and pray as though life depends on it (and it does) i am so glad you have the blessing of a supportive familly and friends - take care of yourself - my prayers are added to all the others for you and for your son
Old 03-18-2012, 01:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your heartache. I agree with tjp and have walked that walk many times. Addicts know how to create anxiety in their loved ones when it's to their advantage. That may not erase our fears, but at least knowing it helps us keep our guards up. From one mother to another, praying your son soon surfaces and gets the needed help, even if it is some jail time. Bless you in you walk. You aren't alone.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks again for the wonderful support. So far still no word, but today i felt better. I trust that God will watch over him. i have been pouring through the posts by all of you, and one thing someone said has stuck with me. Paraphrasing: "I knew that I needed to get out of God's way if anything were to change. I am not God." I truly and absolutely believe that God works on God's time. If I interfere with events (reacting too suddenly) and make up a reality that I cannot even fathom to validate without proof, then I am imposing MY will on the situation. I now leave it to Him for my son. I believe my son is alive and he will hear the voice. He IS grieving as of course we all have been in losing such a precious light in the world.
I will keep all of you posted as we learn more. Today, there is only hope for JJ.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thinking of you. Still no word from your son?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Not directly, but I texted someone who he had used the phone and they are very helpful (I think a fellow recovering A) had heard from him on Saturday and said he would try to find him. I believe he tried to get into a rehab again and is now choosing no contact. I dont think he is gone, I think he is trying to get back on track. He had violated his probation when he relapsed but he also doesn't show up with a warrant or that he is in jail so that is good. He graduated from a very very strict rehab and then went to sober living. My Mom passed so suddenly I think it was such a shock he couldn't handle it. I won't awfulize, I will give it to HP. Thank you for asking, I will keep everyone else posted as I learn more. This is surely a lesson in giving up.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Update: I spoke again to the young man via text whose phone my son called me on last Wednesday. This young man is a recovering A who is in sober living and is committed to helping JJ. He spoke to him yesterday and JJ said he was very ashamed of himself and didn't want to hurt us further. I let X know I appreciated him conveying my messages to JJ. I can let it go now since I know he is alive. The ball is in his court to call me.
Thanks for everyones prayers, please keep them coming to watch over JJ as he climbs out of the hole (again)...
TT
Old 03-21-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Glad to hear he's alive and is in contact with recovering friends! I'll keep prying for you and JJ.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good news, the young man who I spoke of earlier and I connected. His name is Kyle and he is 25. He is in a structured sober living program with 21 individuals. They have 13 meetings every day. He spoke to JJ and convinced him to call me. Kyle got JJ a bed in his sober living. I picked up JJ and went to the sober living with him. JJ had been couch surfing until last night and spent the night on the streets. He spoke to the sober living manager and is now signed up through April 30. I got him some toiletries and tomorrow he will get a ride to go get his things from the other house. I let him know there are no free rides, he needed to make the decisions in his life. I told him we all love him and that I didn't raise him to be homeless.
I thank God for Kyle and his commitment to JJ. I knew the best I could do is take JJ to Kyle and the others who are battling for recovery and let the experts handle this.
JJ looked good though a little dirty. He did not have that vacant look I always associate to drugs. He now is in the hands of the people who are all working towards the same goals. When I left him, I could see his eyes sparkling as he realized that people do CARE.
God Bless and thank you to all who sent prayers up for my sons safety.
Teresa
Old 03-24-2012, 09:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Wonderful news!!!!!!!!

That sounds a lot like my AS's current story. He found his way to a sober house by the grace of 2 (sober) friends who really care about him. He's been clean an entire week (woo hoo!), found a sponsor, is thru the worst of his withdrawals, and sounds pretty darn good, considering. I, too, think he has been very touched by all the people who have been expressing love and concern for him...or maybe his brain is just a wee bit clearer so that he can recognize and appreciate it.

Who knows what tomorrow may bring. One day at a time, eh?

((((Hugs))))
Old 03-25-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

wonderful news JJ ! also for tjp613 son too!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Wonderful news for both of you!! I will continue to pray that both boys stick found out that the using life just isn't worth it and grasp recovery with everything they've got!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-25-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss and send up prayers for peace and comfort for you and family and that your son continues to be safe.

I hope each day is better for you and that time will ease your pain. Take care.