Angry

Old 01-08-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
kblock0401

Sorry I haven't posted on here in awhile. I ended up allowing him to come to Christmas and it was an okay day. He moved back home last week and so far has been doing really well. Going to meetings, reading, talking with people from NA and also asked his sponsor to sponsor him again. 21 days tomorrow. He's also been a lot more honest not only about his using but about the disease itself. He's gone into great detail about that other voice in his head and when it speaks and what triggers it, etc. Things he has never discussed with me before. We decided to name it "Slim" after a story he heard in NA about another members "addict voice." And we've been able to talk openly about how "Slim" is talking etc. A couple days when he was struggling he even told me that Slim had been talking. He's never reached out when he was struggling before. He's always fought it himself until giving in. So even though this is the 4th relapse I do see progress. Taking things one day at a time and hoping for the best. I'm due in 9 weeks so I'm trying to keep focused on myself and not let the stress get to me.

Just wanted to share an update. Hope everyone else had a good holiday too!