What to do..??

Old 07-21-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question What to do..??

SO SXAH has always used my address for his meds, some bills etc. We were getting along and it is really from when he was livingwith us a couple years ago, after divorce and he was sober, he lived in apt out back.

My point so He has been recieving letters from a friend in jail. I dont like the idea dn didnt know he gave him my address for mail. ALSO, I just looked up online adn he is in for sale ofneedles, under the inmfluence and Felony for drug possesion!! SXAH used to be an IV drug user, so I am going to ignore the fact that he has had this friend staying with him etc in the past.

But I really think I should tell he he needs to not give out my address or have a jailed Drug offender mail things to my house. That is all i need is stanger drug addict connected to me and my house!

Am I right?? Just needing a little reasurance, thanks
Old 07-21-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is what I think:

As much as you wanna "out" your SXAH, the goal should probably just be that you don't want him using your address. It is one way you two stay connected, and one way that you continue to check up on him.

I know this tendency well!

But it sucks.
If that piece of mail had not come, how would you be feeling versus how you are feeling right now?

Just get it out of your life. Tell him to get a PO Box.
He's gonna be an ex for a reason.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

If it were me I'd tell him to get a PO box. Give him a month to notify everyone and then start returning the mail as RTS, return to sender.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks! I think that is my only choice! It is just one of those realities I will dread till it is over for fear of the reaction. I try not to and do much better, but he still can get to me

I actually hadn't thought of how I have enjoyed knowing things threw the mail...... license suspended again, not going to Dr appontments, addict friend is in jail that now knows where I live along with the Jail he is in knowing he sends mail here!! ( the things Addicts dont know they are doing)
Old 07-22-2011, 03:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If it were me I'd tell him to get a PO box. Give him a month to notify everyone and then start returning the mail as RTS, return to sender.
Dolly is nicer than I am, I finally decided I was tired of gathering mail and just started returning to sender each piece at a time, first piece I did without notice was his food stamp card, he was always losing it, after 6 months of not fixing the address I just returned it...He finally figured it out.

I would definitely RTS the inmate letters at the very least
Old 07-22-2011, 09:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by butterflyflight View Post

I would definitely RTS the inmate letters at the very least
I agree, didnt think of doing to just that piece of mail! I am too nice!! I know it and had always said I was trying to make things peacful for ouur daughters sake. But, even with my attempts she is making her own opinion at 7 yrs old!

I know it will hit the fan. He left me a nasty message just yesterday!

Thanks for the imput!!