He's going back

Old 07-14-2011, 06:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's going back

My AH is going back to detox! I'm excited for him to get clean again but I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up that he'll stay clean. He went to detox in March and only stayed clean for about 2 weeks. He didn't follow up with any type of program or anything. I hope this time is different but I know its his recovery and not mine and I can't force or pester him about follow up. I'm thankful that he is going. I wish he could go today but because of work and the children he has to wait until sunday. I am not looking forward to being home alone with 4 kids (3 are ages 3 and under!) but I do what I have to do. I'll keep you posted on whats going on. Does anyone have any tips for me in regards to his recovery?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No tips in regards to his recovery except to focus on you and the kids and providing them a safe, stable drug free environment to grow up in.

Do you have any boundaries about what kind of treatment you are willing to accept when he comes home? Consequences? Plans that you can put into place should this go round at treatment fail again? Have you thought about NOT letting him come home? Are you doing any recovery work for yourself?

We can't fix them but we can fix us.

Good luck. 4 kids is a handful but my mom did it. My dad was a merchant marine and she raised 5 of us on her own. And worked as a fulltime nurse too. You'll be fine. I find it's easier to raise children in a stable environment without a drug addict around to sap my strength away.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with hello-kitty. Focus on yourself and the children. Establish boundaries for when he comes home.