Total Meltdown yest

Old 01-29-2011, 02:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Total Meltdown yest

Hey Everyone:
Yesterday was one for the books!
Finished my last shift (work nights) as I am beginning a new Job Monday. It was bittersweet b/c I liked my coworkers, but couldn't handle the commute (1hr each way). HOwever, dropped my 2 wk old Iphone in the commode. while there. So..I was left with no phone, no contact phone #'s, etc. My phone is my brain's memory. Also, I listen to my IPod codependency podcasts on my commute to help me stay on track, if you know what I mean.

IF that wasn't bad enough, came home to the new babysitter (remember, finally found one for my grandaughter) and she tells me she doesn't feel good and has to go home. She was suppose to stay and let me sleep at least 4 hours. So...without my phone contacts, I was up sh** creek and I knew it. I can't, even if I wanted, sleep with a 4 y/o in the house w/o supervision. Not that my GD wouldn't be used to that when she stayed w/her mom.

So...I broke down like I was used to. Everything seemed black, no hope. I couldn't even reach out to my SR members b/c I couldn't stop crying and just felt like I was THE ultimate victim of unfortunate circumstances.

I finally contacted my GD's mom (through her boyfriend's phone) and asked her to come over so I can sleep at some point. She finally arrived at 2pm and I slept for 13 hrs. I didn't want to ask her to come over, but I was an emotional pretzel at this point.

Phew! now I can think again. Looking back I need to get a grip when things like this happens.

Thanks for listening...I'm open to support/suggestions.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry for your perfect storm of a day. They happen and man they sock it to you. I am happy you got some sleep and it refreshed you. At times all you need is a break just to get you head back in order.

The only advice I have is back up your phone on your computer if you can. That way if anything happens to your phone you have all your information.

hugs and prayers out to you
Old 01-29-2011, 06:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad you got some rest. When I get to that kind of meltdown point - I think of HALT - Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired...Usually it is one of those things or a combination of a few, that has brought my perspective to that dark place. If I can address those basic needs, I then have the energy to change my outlook.

I suspect getting the sleep you so needed is a great first step to changing your perspective. Much luck with the new job and thanks for being there for your sweet grand daughter