Right at this moment...one year ago.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I meant to say wouldn’t destroy this empowerment I am running with now. No way no chance no how!!!!!

I feel so good about myself, sad of course for him for us but I really am proud of myself and more proud I have not caved in, called him or have gone to check up on him.

My oldest son turned 25 today and tonight his gf is giving him a surprise party at a local bar and I am looking forward to getting out of my funk and having some fun!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ok so yesterday I get a facebook friend request from the exbf. I was like WTF, this man had me start a facebook account for him months ago and then couldn’t be bothered with it. I had made sure I deleted myself as his friend after he was no longer interested in that social network so I was surprised he found his way back there and figured out to request me as a friend. I of course declined!!!! Keeping the empowerment going!!!

So then today my best friend calls me to say she had just gotten a phone call from him. Seems he wanted to express his condolences to her for the loss of her mother in law. Her mother in law passed away a month ago.

He then told her he was not worried about me because he knew I was with my parents and family and was probably doing good. He then went on to tell her how he’s been sober for a week (guess he left out the getting his script of pain meds on 12/27, something he was obsessing about since 12/18 when he had run out!!! He also told her that he met with a counselor yesterday because his sponsor advised him he really needed to talk to someone professionally. He then tells her that this counselor met him at the mall because he was in such a bad mental state so they walked the mall and talked. He also had to tell my friend that the counselor knows me and that we had gone to her in the past.
Again I am like WTF???

But I am happy to say he’s not called my parents home or tried to stop over here!!!! My anxiety level is elevated thinking that he may try and contact me at work this week and I truly don’t want my business being known in the office. If he does happen to call my plan of action is to continue to hang up and not engage in ANY conversations.

Just needed to vent and get it out of my thoughts!!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
work in progress

Hey atalose...

You should start a thread about this and share it with others who may benefit from your story.

It may get buried in this thread...I'm sure lots of folks here wanna hear about how you are doing too. SO much good advice on SR. So many great people here.

You're doing great! What is this now? Day 16??
Good for you lady. Try not to worry about the "what ifs" so much and
just try to take the days as they come.

(((hugs to you)))
Old 01-03-2011, 07:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Luckily I moved 45 minutes from the X so I rarely see or talk to people we had in common.....No contact makes it easier....no contact with anybody! If possible.....we did not have kids together so I can do that. It really helps. Out of sight and out of mind......no facebook, no texts, no email, no phonecalls.....nobody talking to me about him or visa-versa.......live in the present........not back....not forward.......back gives you anxiety.....forward gives you fear.........I'm real good right NOW.