Today I'm grateful for

Old 12-19-2010, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FGB

Today I'm grateful for

my little apt, cluttered as it is. It means I have a home. Also for my family, who is having xmas dinner, which means I can leave my clutter where it is! And also for my son, for being in rehab, over the holidays, it means there is hope and that he might be learning things! For my job, even though the pay is not great, the people are, they've become family to me. For my animals, whom I love dearly, and who make me laugh everyday. For this board and everyone on it, you help me to keep my sanity and I appreciate each one of you. And for my HP, who knows what I need, and when I need it, even if I do not!! Hugs, FGB
Old 12-19-2010, 05:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

FGB
It is always good to count those blessings. Sometimes it is hard to see them for the clutter in my mind. I also have much to be grateful for. Thank you for the reminder that I should count them every single day.

gentle hugs

PS - I am so happy that your son is in rehab. He's been through some scary stuff. I'm sure that it puts your mind and heart at ease knowing that he's there.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tam

That I got up today. I seem to forget this when Im having a bad day or when Im worrying about tomorrow and what it may bring. Sure helps to sit and think about what we are thankful for cause it takes away the pain and
makes us appreciate the good things we have.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FGB

More to be grateful for!

Just walked in the door from work and the phone's ringing. Grabbed it quick, and it's my son! I'm so glad he called. He apologized for the last time he saw me (at court) and said he is doing well. Likes the AA meetings part of rehab, says the rest of it is mostly videos from the 70's, wouldn't recommend it to anyone, doesn't seem very helpful, but at least he likes the meetings part of it!!

He doesn't know what he's doing when he leaves yet, possibly a 1/2 way house. He's also applying for disability, etc. because he can't work yet w/his brain injury. He sounds positive, but yes, I know it's very very early. I'm just tickled he's not still angry with me, and that he's applying for these things on his own, and taking care of his own business. And I'm going to let him do it all on his own!! I can do some rides for him, but I'm going to let him take care of himself and be a grown up!

I know not to get too excited about the future, I can however, be happy that he's sober today, and not hating me anymore! for the moment, at least!

Thank you all. Hugs, FGB
Old 12-19-2010, 09:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All your patience and giving him space paid off.good job! Glad to hear the good news
Old 12-20-2010, 07:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
it is what it is

so glad everything is going so well for so many of you