What about you?

Old 09-23-2010, 06:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What about you?

Ok. I've had my head emersed in my son's addiction for the last week or so and I'm trying to pull it out and think about ME. So here is what I'm doing today.

I'm going to a Yoga class this morning.

What about YOU? What are you doing for YOU today?

gentle hugs
Old 09-23-2010, 07:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wish I could go to yoga..that's how I tore my hip! I will be going to Stanford for my hip checkup..getting stitches removed today so will be able to take a shower (my husband can't wait lol!) My friend is driving me up there and as a thank you she and her husband will be treated by me and my husband to a meal at a really nice resteraunt here in town! YUM!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Kind Eyes, I have been drowned by this stuff all week too... I agree with you, a day for me! I am going to straighten up my house (much needed!) and my mom is coming over tonight for dinner and a movie
Old 09-23-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am going to look picture albums of my kids, That always makes me happy.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, I am loving my time with SR this morning.

I've got a great book I am reading

and I get to start putting the new house in order...any way I like and at any pace I like.
I have got the total say-so on that! and I LOVE it that way! LOL

I might want to go to an awesome park nearby later today, I dunno yet. But the idea of wading in the creek in the woods barefoot is sounding a bit appealing.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
tam

Im going to my first zumba class monday with my tenant, this is going to be funny, we have no clue how to do it, but will be good to laugh.
Im looking at joining a gym here in town (winter time) and going over my finances to see if its feasible, I can join month to month..
I havent exercised this week, fighting a flu/bug, but just walked 1 1/2 miles during lunch over a reservoir bridge surrounded by water and mountains, always makes me feel better
Old 09-23-2010, 09:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Clean my carpets! I've blown it off for too long and they're starting to scare me

Plan on soaking in the jacuzzi tonight with candles lit, watching Grey's Anatomy. My husband just left on a business trip and would hurl if he saw that

Also buying a new cell phone today, my current one is 4 years old and will need duct tape soon. I'm loving the androids with better cameras and fm radios. Two less things for me to carry, especially on this weekend's football jaunt
Old 09-23-2010, 10:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just got back from the yoga class.......keepinon.....kept you in my thoughts so I didn't pretzel my body into a position it wasn't ready for.....had to sit a couple of poses out to keep from passing out! But it felt good.......it definitely emphasized out how badly I need to take care of me and my body if it's going to last me a few more years. lol

I loved reading all of the wonderful things everyone is going to do for themselves today.

Now.....waiting for my Mom to come by so that we can go to Target (need nail polish remover! and a yoga mat).

Then tonight......my NarAnon meeting.

That'll be a day entirely dedicated to me and my recovery.

And.....my selfish motivation for wanting to hear about all of the wonderful things you are all doing for yourselves? I might want to steal one of those ideas!

gentle hugs
Old 09-23-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

On Sunday, my husband and I are going out on our motorcycle if it doesn't rain. Haven't been able to ride all summer.

OH CHINO! I am so excited....I almost forgot about Grey's Anatomy tonite. I watched the season finale on Monday so that I would be ready for tonite. Thanks for the reminder.

Gotahavfaith
Old 09-23-2010, 11:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My new bed is coming today, am so excited. My old one badly needed replacing and was in a car accident a month ago, rear ended so looking forward to sleep, sleep and sleep. If you dont see me on here for few days thats where I will be lol.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by islandcat View Post
My new bed is coming today, am so excited. My old one badly needed replacing and was in a car accident a month ago, rear ended so looking forward to sleep, sleep and sleep. If you dont see me on here for few days thats where I will be lol.
??? your bed was in a car accident?
Old 09-23-2010, 11:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

MT. Bike...greatest high i've had in a long time
Old 09-23-2010, 12:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

im going to work and then to school for 6 hours..and not answering the phone when he calls. YAY
Old 09-23-2010, 04:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Went to work, not a bad day, cause I am retiring in a month! Woohoo, the eagle is finally landing!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I worked today but tomorrow I am actually going to use the gym in our condo rec centre that I pay for every month in my condo fees and have yet to use more than twice.

Free gym, free pool, freeeee Codie Ann.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm reading and studying for a class. It's a new field for me, and I am excited by the opportunities. It is a challenge, so I am focusing on being positive and believing in myself!!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Today i called a friend . It's a small thing but it made me happy and free. for the first time i feel i CAN get out of the isolation my addict bf caused me to be in.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Great topic.thanks for posting.