Be careful what you wish for....

Old 09-09-2010, 05:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((((Kindeyes)))))
Old 09-09-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

lots of (((((hugs))))) to you, too.

Funny, i was just thinking yesterday how my AS did not call me when he was taken to jail. I found out when another family member (an enabler) called me.

I too started checking the county jail roster. I also would check in our town for the court roster to see if he was on there for receiving tickets and then being scheduled for visits to the court because of that. For some reason, i got out of that habit and have not checked now in several months. Now that I read this thread and see that others do the same thing, it makes me realize that i do not want to get back into that habit. I used to do that because I wanted to take advantage of a crisis. That's all well and good, but right now, today, i realize i want to let somebody else take advantage of a crisis like that. That's not to say I won't start it up again in the future. But I have to say I would take it further while I was on those sites and I found the names of other young people that my AS knew who had gotten arrested or got tickets. I would intentionally look for the names of friends from my kids' high school.

Just my random thoughts.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh Kindeyes,
I can feel your pain and frustration, I guess we all can. Sometimes, that roller coaster just swoops us up no matter how hard we try to avoid getting on it. Know that we are all praying for you and your son.