My heart aches...

Old 08-28-2010, 10:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Jansie,

I am so so so very sorry for your lost. I definitely remember you and have missed you. I can't believe that this has happened. But that is how addiction always surprises me. I know that there are no words that will help but please know that I my prayers and love are going out to you and your family. I'm glad that you are having some butterfly moments.

Donna
Old 08-28-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lightseeker View Post
Jansie,

I am so so so very sorry for your lost. I definitely remember you and have missed you. I can't believe that this has happened. But that is how addiction always surprises me. I know that there are no words that will help but please know that I my prayers and love are going out to you and your family. I'm glad that you are having some butterfly moments.

Donna
I totally smiled when I saw your name!!
Thanks for the love and prayers! I've missed you all too!
Jansie
Old 08-28-2010, 11:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Whatwentwrong,
I just cant find words to express what I feel for you and your son. My heart hurts for you, and for your dear son. He is at peace. I am glad that you and he had a relationship that allowed you to spend this earthly lifetime together. He left a beautiful legacy, with so many fine qualities to be remembered by.

None of us are guaranteed anything, and to be loved while we are here, to me is heaven on earth. Not to compare with our eternal perfect peace, tho. In his loving Fathers arms now.
Rest in perfect peace, sweet boy

my heart sends you deepest sympathy, and a big hug.
you love shines,
chicory
Old 08-28-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Old 08-28-2010, 02:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I am so sorry, I send you hugs and prayers.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
I am so sorry, I send you hugs and prayers.
Thanks Dolly! You helped me so many times...you have no idea! Love you!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:43 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear. This disease takes so many loved ones from us. It is scary that all of us addicts are only one bad decision away from a relapse. Indeed, I've known some with many years of clean time have "just one" and overdose from it because their tolerance wasn't what it used to be when they used regularly. Very sad. I'm glad that your son got the chance to experience some of the joys of being free of drugs before he died. I'm happy you are choosing to remember the good times. Keep coming back!

Love,
KJ
Old 08-28-2010, 03:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I'm sending warm thoughts for you. Take care!
Old 08-28-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by kj3880 View Post
So sorry to hear. This disease takes so many loved ones from us. It is scary that all of us addicts are only one bad decision away from a relapse. Indeed, I've known some with many years of clean time have "just one" and overdose from it because their tolerance wasn't what it used to be when they used regularly. Very sad. I'm glad that your son got the chance to experience some of the joys of being free of drugs before he died. I'm happy you are choosing to remember the good times. Keep coming back!

Love,
KJ
I was just telling someone else that the love, laughs and support have made what started out as an unbearable day...enjoyable. I love SR!
Old 08-28-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss, but am very glad that you came back here, where you knew you would receive love and support.

Sending hugs, prayers, and love to you and your family,

Amy
Old 08-28-2010, 05:25 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

((Jansie))
You said it best, "he is at peace now". Please remember that always, because he truly is. You loved him with all your heart and now he is with his HP and his torment with addiction is finally over. You were a wonderful mom. May God hold you in the palm of his hand. All my prayers, Jansie, I am so very sorry.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:46 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Please add my hugs & prayers for you and your son
Old 08-28-2010, 05:57 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Thank you for visiting us. I hope you'll let us continue to support you through this very difficult period.

(((Big Hugs))) from one mom to another.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:54 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
it is what it is

jansie - my heart goes out to you - i too am a mother of AS - i was not here when you first came although i should have been wish i had found SR that soon - there are no words to express but the tears rolling down my face say something - so sorry for your loss - so much fear for all the others who are still traveling the path - fervent prayers will be sent for you
Old 08-29-2010, 04:04 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Awwww...litehorse, don't cry! My son is no longer tormented with this awful disease. I no longer have to look at his broken spirit as he tells me he relapsed again. I know I am every mother's worst nightmare on this board right now. I hate that. : (

I posted what I did because I am so very thankful to everyone on SR for helping me along my journey. Whether I was actively posting or just reading...I learned something every day. The place helped ME!! It gave me my LIFE back.

I will keep you and your AS in my thoughts and prayers!!
Jansie

Originally Posted by litehorse View Post
jansie - my heart goes out to you - i too am a mother of AS - i was not here when you first came although i should have been wish i had found SR that soon - there are no words to express but the tears rolling down my face say something - so sorry for your loss - so much fear for all the others who are still traveling the path - fervent prayers will be sent for you
Old 08-29-2010, 06:11 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Jansie,
I remember when you were here and I am so sorry about your son.My son died in June of an overdose as well. Pm me if you feel like talking. hugs, Stef
Old 08-29-2010, 06:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
it is what it is

This is a wonderful site full of honest wise people willing to share and help at any time - I have gained much from being here and hope that in some way I can also share in a way that will be helpful to others
Old 08-29-2010, 03:44 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by litehorse View Post
This is a wonderful site full of honest wise people willing to share and help at any time - I have gained much from being here and hope that in some way I can also share in a way that will be helpful to others
You will...guaranteed!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:53 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I am sending you a big hug Jansie
I am so very sorry for your loss.
I can hear from your words that you are a strong woman
He is at peace now
Old 08-29-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I also lost my son some years ago. Like you, I know our boys/men are at peace.
Finding our own peace is a rugged journey.
I have gone on with my life but I still yearn for his smile and I miss seeing him pile on his plate enough mashed potatoes for six people!
Thinking about him doesn't hurt anymore (except around anniversaires)