Lean on me

Old 08-13-2010, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lean on me

Most of you all know my son Jason died of a herion overdose in 08. He and I had a special bond over the years. He was my only child and my life was devoted to him. He didn't start drugs until he was in his mid thirtys starting from a fall he had at work. It progress to herion for about 4or 5 years . My son loved music and was always singing. When he was 3years old he would all ways sing lean on me it was so cute now this song means he is with me when I hear it. I am having surgery today and had to run to the ATM for some money on the ride home what song do I hear yep Lean on me. Tears came to my eyes he knows this is a hard time for me trying to move leaving a place I have lived in for 37 years. I have to do everything since my husband is ill. I could alway count on Jason for help even when he was deep into his addictiion. He helped me with his dad everyday. I need his help now but he is not here. But with that song I know he is by my side and will not let me give up. His spirit is with me.
Your friend
Maggiemac
Old 08-13-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Beautiful
Old 08-13-2010, 10:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BBD

What a wonderful way to feel Maggie~ I know your son is watching and helping from afar. Good luck with your surgery and know we're all here to help you through it too....You sound so strong in your beliefs and thats just what I would be doing. I totally believe that those that pass before us are keeping a hold on their lovedones....hugs and smiles, Bonnie PS Crying is a good thing. Washes all the saddness out.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cmc

****{Maggie}}}} You can lean on us too....thanks for sharing and best wishes as you move to a new home.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think your son is telling you that it will all be okay.

Sometimes we sense the spirits of those we love through songs, rainbows, butterflies, sunsets...all things that connect us with the greater existance.

Keeping you in my prayers, Maggie, and your husband too.

Hugs
Old 08-14-2010, 04:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a beautiful post.

I am sorry you are going through the pain of leaving your home. I am as well, but mine has lasted 20 years, not 37, so I can magnify all the bitterness I am feeling when I think of 37 years.

Let's walk through that together, shall we?

Hope you are doing fine, Maggie, now out of surgery.

Here we all are: