OT-asking for prayers

Old 07-15-2010, 11:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Thanks for all the thoughts/prayers...both Kirby and I are very upset because our foster parents are amazing and neither of us are very comfortable having to get to know new people, all over again... I feel awful that she has to move away from ALL the people she knows and switch schools . She'll be moving in 12 days. Keep her in your thoughts as it's not an easy transition...

Amy too, is right, I would love and do want more than anything to take her out of the system and have her live with me, but I don't have the money. If I ever do, she sure as hell is coming with me if she agrees.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) Please know that both you & Kirby are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Sending up extra prayers for you both.

Love & Hugs,
Chris
Old 07-15-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Special prayers for Jay and Kirby, that one day soon they can be together or close enough to see each other.

It's so sad when siblings are separated by the system...does no one have a heart anymore?
Old 07-17-2010, 06:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

when i took my niece into our home, the foster care had a program in which i didn't have to go through all the steps, hoops, just got a visit from her worker. they sent us a check every month, it was not as much as true foster care would have been, but definitely enough to make a big difference. it is called "family foster care" and it is what social services prefers, to place people with stable family members.

jay...could you investigate this? could you find a trusted roommate to help with expenses? jay, are you involved in alanon or acoa? i always think that's the best place to try and find a housemate.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

also, telling your sister that when abusive people act out towards innocents, it is ALWAYS about what's wrong with THEM, it is NEVER about something that's wrong with their victims. tell her this often and she will believe you.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lots of prayers for Jason and Kirby...Lots and lots of good thoughts and hope that a very positive resolution comes soon.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

Hopefully you'll get a CASA (Court appointed special advocate) assigned to this. I bet if you or the foster mom call they'll want to jump all over this case. Keeping siblings togther is HUGE. A better fit my @ss!!!!