OT-asking for prayers

Old 07-13-2010, 10:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT-asking for prayers

Most of you know ((Jay)) aka speedyjason, here, and he's struggling. I did ask if it was okay with him to post this, BTW.

For those of you who don't know, Jay and his little sister, Kirby were put into the foster system when their dad OD'd (Jay was living with him, Kirby with their mom in another state). They were initially together, for the first time in a few years, with their mom but she is, um, toxic to her kids.

They were placed with some awesome foster parents, and though Jay has now become "of age" and moved out on his own, Kirby has remained with them.

The "system" has now decided to move Kirby...farther away from Jay and she'll have to change schools. Apparently they have another child that is a "better fit" for the foster parents.

I am heartbroken, and feel helpless. Jay and Kirby have been through sooooo much, and I just want them both to have some peace.

I didn't know what else to do, but ask for prayers, good vibes, thoughts, whatever you can send, as I know how much you've always helped me.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-13-2010, 10:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jay, in case you read this, I want you to know that my heart is with you and your sister. I can't imagine how scary this must be for her, and how hard it must be for you to be strong for her. At the same time, as hard as this must be, she's lucky to still have her brother in her life. I'll definitely be remembering you both in my prayers, and I hope the situation improves.

*sending lots of love and hugs your way*
Old 07-13-2010, 10:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Prayers coming for you Jay and your baby sis. Thank you Amy for posting. Addiction is so unfair to everyone it touches. Jay, you have no idea what a blessing you are for your little sister and I'm so sorry you both have to endure this.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Prayers being said for everyone involved.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Prayers, good vibes, thoughts are all on their way for Jason and Kirby. Thanks too, for the wonderful foster parents who shared their lives with them.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Jay))) (((Kirby)))

sometimes I have to wonder about bureaucracy.

thanks (((Amy)))
D
Old 07-14-2010, 12:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't think social services knows what it does to people. Thanks for the story, I did not know all the background on this. thanks for sharing this with us and I will send up my prayers. God has a plan in this somehow, someway it will work out. Hugs to Jay.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I don't think social services knows what it does to people. Thanks for the story, I did not know all the background on this. thanks for sharing this with us and I will send up my prayers. God has a plan in this somehow, someway it will work out. Hugs to Jay.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Praying for (((JAY))) and (((KIRBY))), that even though it seems unfair right now, that there will be unexpected good things to come out of this.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
BBD

Sending love and prayers for you Jay and your sister. This seperation will be difficult but remember~~you have years ahead of you and as long as Kirby is safe and happy (somewhat) you will have communication still?? Right?? Hugs to both of you, Bonnie
Old 07-14-2010, 05:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Good grief...as if those kids haven't been through enough already. I am wondering if it would be possible for Jay to petition the court for custody of Kirby, if he is in a position to do so. Also wondering if Jay could find work in a place closer to wherever they are placing Kirby. It would be helpful, I would think, for her to have her brother close by at this time. Just thinking out loud. Hang in there, Jay. Kirby knows you love her and will be of age in a few years. ((((HUGS))))
Old 07-14-2010, 05:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Amy))

Thanks for posting this ~ please let Jason & Kirby know we are praying for them ~

"Father God, you are the maker of Families ~ you have made us at SoberRecovery a family - not by blood but by love. Please be with our loved ones, Jason & Kirby. We ask for your very very best for them. Take these circumstances that we don't understand, please use them for the very Best for these precious ones. From our view, we only see the negative, but we know that You have a plan; YOU are in control; not Social Sevices, not a welfare worker trying to do the best they can, not even this nasty disease! I ask for your hedge of protection around Jason & Kirby, please protect them from any more harm; bring them to your place of healing, comfort and grace. Amen"

PINK HUGS & love,
Rita
Old 07-14-2010, 06:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sending up prayers and good thoughts for Jason and his sister Kirby. They have been through alot.

Gotahavfaith
Old 07-14-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Jason, you most definitely have my heartfelt prayers. You have been so strong for her all along -- a blessing and inspiration to all of us. ((((HUGS))))
Old 07-14-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ThatLittleGirl

My prayer is for peace and strength during the difficult time...be strong and know that God will surround you and Kirby and you are not walking this path alone... I'll be praying for you and your sister!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Im praying!! This is a very sad and heartbreaking situation, my heart is with you Jay and your lil sister as well!!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Prayers to you and your family Jay!
Keep the faith and you will prevail even through the toughest times.
((((HUGS FROM ALL OF US))))
Old 07-14-2010, 08:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Jay

So sorry for what you and kirby are going through

((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))
Old 07-14-2010, 10:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks, so much, everyone!!

((Suki)) - Jay would LOVE to get custody of Kirby, but he's not in the financial position to do it....he's like me, working at a minimum wage job and that's just NOT enough to support ONE person, much less, two.

Most of you have echoed what I told him last night, which is why I came here...the support helps ME so much, that I'm hoping it helps HIM. The codie in me wants to FIX IT, dammit, but I can't.

Thanks again, my SR family.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-14-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Jay-
You and Kirby are in my thoughts and prayers- sending you a big cyber hug, too.