So not sure what to think

Old 05-11-2010, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So not sure what to think

Well, AH called tonight begging me to come get him from the place he was taken over the weekend. He was crying that he had to leave and I told him absolutely not. I immediately called his parents to let them know what had just happened. They called the facility and they told his dad that AH was in a room with a guy who was still using and he told the staff about it. That guy was kicked out and then a friend of the guy that was kicked out started a fight with AH for ratting out his friend. There is a zero tolerance policy on fighting so they were both kicked out. They told my FIL that AH could come back in 30 days since he didn't actually start the fight.

So now my in-laws are going to pick him up and take him to jail. Not so sure they will actually do it though. They are calling some other rehab facilities on their way to pick him up and I'm trying to stay out of it. He was drug tested when the drugs were found in his room and he is clean according to the staff person my father in law spoke with (day 4 cold turkey from heroin). They kept asking me what they should do and I told them that is totally up to them, but I've set my boundaries. It is funny how all of a sudden they want to engage me on what they should do, but for about a month they've been lying to me about all sorts of things. When he is ready to stay clean and sober, attempt to be a productive citizen and a good father then I will concern myself with him. For now though I have to stay as uninvolved as possible.

I say that mantra over and over again and each time I hang up the phone I feel strong and proud of myself for sticking to my guns. It doesn't make me STOP thinking about it though and sad that this is the path my husband allowed his life to go down.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I guess I am still hooked on the drama because I'm not willing to change my phone numbers or move or anything like that. I wonder why I should have to uproot MY life because he is an addict? It has already been turned upside down by his addiction, what would changing my phone number prove other than cause me much more hassles by having to call friends, family, colleagues, banks, utilities, etc to let them know I changed my numbers.

I see the holes and this is their choice. I have a child with this man so I will always be tied to him and them. When he called me to come get him I told him no and I meant it. That is why I'm sitting at my computer and not in some car driving around the city looking for him.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post

Until if/when he is actually in recovery, I would have my people call his people and avoid dealing directly with either him or his family.
I can deal with that!