With or Without You...

Old 03-14-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Understood. However, you shouldn't allow her lack of communication to keep this situation dragging on. It's not her that has to deal with your ex and his threats, etc., it's you. If another two weeks go by and you still haven't heard from her, you'll still be dealing with this crap. Do whatever you need to do to get all remnants of this man out of your life. Storing the furniture and sending her the key and information about where it is frees you from further contact about it. That's the ultimate goal, right?

Edit to add: You were being kind to even consider contacting the sister about the furniture. You didn't have to do that. If she fails to follow up with you, that's not your problem.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Understood. However, you shouldn't allow her lack of communication to keep this situation dragging on. It's not her that has to deal with your ex and his threats, etc., it's you. If another two weeks go by and you still haven't heard from her, you'll still be dealing with this crap. Do whatever you need to do to get all remnants of this man out of your life. Storing the furniture and sending her the key and information about where it is frees you from further contact about it. That's the ultimate goal, right?

Edit to add: You were being kind to even consider contacting the sister about the furniture. You didn't have to do that. If she fails to follow up with you, that's not your problem.
Yes. Thank you. I don't want another two weeks of silly stuff... and thank you for acknowledging that I was trying to be kind to his family... that seems to be lost on them...

It's not so much that I need their approval... I just want to know for certain that I took the highroad and can be solid in my actions.

Thanks again.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I just want to know for certain that I took the highroad and can be solid in my actions.

You did take the highroad. You went beyond what you needed to do out of a sense of fairness. You tried. For whatever reason, they chose not to get involved. In fact, even sending her the key is an act of graciousness on your part since you could just give the key to your ex and be done with it. The fact that you contacted her at all about this shows that your heart is in the right place.

My advice is to go on and do whatever you need to do to put an end to this matter, and know that you did your best to be fair.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

So do I still put it on the porch... text him giving him a couple of days.... if nothing THEN put it in storage or go ahead and put it in storage?

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

That would be entirely up to you. Putting it on the porch would allow your ex to come onto your property to retrieve it. If that isn't a problem for you, okay. If you'd rather not deal with that aspect, then just put it in storage and send him the key. As of that point, you are done.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
That would be entirely up to you. Putting it on the porch would allow your ex to come onto your property to retrieve it. If that isn't a problem for you, okay. If you'd rather not deal with that aspect, then just put it in storage and send him the key. As of that point, you are done.
Thank you for your support and guidance.... much appreciated.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:19 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

That's what we're here for.