OT: Football

Old 09-20-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT: Football

I've thought about this so many times when I've looked at poster's locations. I am a football freak and Serenity Bound and I are mortal enemies, though she doesn't know it. Same thing with HurtBad.

I'm OK with anvil (not my division) and thank goodness because I bet she can throw some mean smack lol!

Anyone else into sports?
Old 09-20-2009, 04:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I must say I'm an Eagles fan. Can't help it. Die hard.

I know, I know... we have Vick... but I have to let that pass. I have to use my 3 C's when I think about that situation... I can't control he is on my favorite team, I didn't cause he got picked and I can't do anything about it but enjoy the game. LOL.

It's all about self control here. LOL.

E-A-G-L-E-S! Go Eagles!
Old 09-20-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I love pro football, but there's no rhyme or reason for the teams I like. I live in Texas so it goes without saying that my favorite team is the Cowboys. Tonight we play the Giants, another team I like, but I hope the Cowboys win. I like the Eagles, too. I used to love watching Randall Cunningham when he was quarterback there. Too bad they lost today to Chicago, another team I like. LOL!

Game starts in about 45 minutes. Can't wait!

Old 09-20-2009, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm chuckling about the 3 c's and sports! I used to get soooo self righteous about sports and character, until addiction entered my life. Now I'm more surprised by 'clean' players than those who aren't.

Eagles are probably my favorite NFC team and I hope the Gnats win tonight! JJ annoys me to no end, especially with his new palace.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Well, I'm with ya there, Chino. I can't stand Jerry Jones, but the new stadium is absolutely fantastic! But, I wish he'd just hand over money and go away.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh crap..................I live for football, as does my Edward, he was the one draft pick in 1991 as a running back for Gerorgia Tech and then blew out both of his knees just as the he was getting ready to enter the draft............one of his good close friends, who still plays to this day got that spot and not my baby.....think in ways that makes me happy even though it destroied his dreams........at least it didnt destroy him!!!!!

And I a hard nosed Green Bay Packer fan, then we have our collage football games......He a Georgia Tech fan out of New York and I a forever Blue and Maize fan of the University of Michigan!!!!!!!

But we are both really getting into to Lions football as well as University of Mississippi's Football team as My Nephew plays for them now.........I love footballl!!!!!!

Love Pamm
Old 09-20-2009, 05:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Pamm, the Lions got two of my fave D coordinators: Cunningham and Schwartz. I figure they have one place to go and that's up. Not like they can go any further down than last year ha ha. See? I can't help myself. The season starts and I'm 100% attitude lol!

Tough break for Edward! That is one hell of a crash and burn

Seriously, thank goodness for football or I would have lost my mind a long time ago. It's been a great distraction when all hell has broke loose in my world.

Any of you go to the games? I'm a Titans fan and go to all the home games. I hit up a few road games too. The only time I've missed a game has been when a hospital was involved.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Count me in for a sports nut/fan.

Pats and Red Sox......

More of a Sox fan, but getting into the football more and more every year!!!!

Old 09-20-2009, 08:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
grateful rca

well, all my family is into football so i have to watch. i'm from atlanta so i have to go with the home team.

urmyeverything, sorry but i kind of wish we could have vick back, but it is what it is. I guess the phillies would have to be my second pick.

GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 09:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
learning to live for me

I'm a huge college football team. When it comes to pro though, I'm not loyal to my state (Carolina Panthers). I love the Bengals but have a lot of respect for many teams.

What an amazing game tonight b/t Cowboys & Giants!
I didn't think you could win a game with 4 seconds on the clock but they did!
Good game from both teams.
So tomorrow...
Indy @ miami

Who's takin it home????

I say Indy!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hope you all don't hate me for this but I am a Steelers fan. I love my team and winning 5 count them 5 Supper Bowls .
Love ya,
Maggiemac
Old 09-21-2009, 10:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

ok, gotta watch my tongue, lol. I bleed green Eagles green that is, lol. there are some teams I really really don't likebut I think it was handed down through the generations (sorry Dallas fans). As far as the Vick story goes, we all deserve a second chance, hell we've given our addicts a million chances. (and he's a really good player) I don't get to go to games because they have been sold out forever. sometimes I get lucky with playoff tix.
I bleed green from late october to january, I bleed Phillies red from april to October, lol I am a phillies season ticket holder.

this was fun, thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I love football! Pro and college. I really like the Tampa Bay Bucs and I'm highly upset that they got rid of my favorite coach ever, Jon Gruden. I'm glad though that he now has a job commentating.

As far as college ball, I live in Alabama and we are fanatics about our football. Down here it's Alabama or Auburn...I'll take Auburn any day! WAR EAGLE!

Sue
Old 09-21-2009, 11:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

did some one say "FOOTBALL????"""

wahooooo!!

College - how bout dem Tigers!!

LSU TIGERS!!!! - we bleed purple and gold here baby!!!!

of course some would say I'm a trader cause my boyfriend is a Crimson Tide Addict!!!

My vehicle has a license plate that says "House Divided - LSU/ BAMA"

whatever - the LSU side is prettier!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE me some college football - how tragic that USC got upset this weekend!! HA not! can't stand USC !!

Not really to big on the Pro scene - the players seem to be a little too cocky over nothing and to me it's just not as fun to watch as college.

If I did have to pick a Pro team - it would be the Cincinatti Bengals tho - for my late Uncle Bill who personally told me he would tan my hide if I ever rooted for any other team! YEAH Uncle Bill!!

Also love those Manning Boys - Eli and Payton!! - Any hometown Louisiana boys are good stuff baby!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 01:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Steelers!

(ouch...stop throwing things!)
Old 09-21-2009, 01:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Chino, is that you & me?

I would love to go to the games, just can't afford it.

However, about 10 of us get together every week to enjoy the game together!

As for Vick...oh well, enough said about that. Geezz....I got my panties in an uproar last nite as the watched alot of players and others just standing there as the N A was being sung by Jordan Sparks, hats on, hands everywhere but on their hearts....you get my drift......God Grant me

Chris

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Die hard CHEESEHEAD here! lol

Way back in '59 (The Lombardi Days) Daddy climbed onto 4 season tickets for Packer games and they have been in our family ever since. My sister still lives in Wisconsin so she is the 'overseer' of the tickets, lol

Once a Packer Fan, always a Packer Fan, doesn't matter if it's a winning season or a losing season. Season tickets are passed down in family's through WILLS, that is how valuable the tickets are.

Oh the tales I could tell, roflmao, but these days, I'll sit in my recliner, scream at the TV when a stupid mistake is made and watch in comfort. Yes, I was at the 13 below zero play off game between the Pack and the Cowboys at Lambeau field.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-22-2009, 05:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My name says it ALL... E-A-G-L-E-S girl!!!!!!!
Bleed Eagles green here in my house..... Even my soon to be born baby girl already has an Eagles cheerlleader outfit!!!!

I still have my first jersey... Bright Green... original throwback baby!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenity Bound View Post
Chino, is that you & me?
Sure is! Damn Ravens have ripped my heart out twice now and I may never get over it. Talk about resentment! I didn't realize I was still bitter about the first home playoff loss until the last one.

cece, this rivalry goes back a long ways and it's like we take turns stealing each others glory.

I can't tell you all how many times I've said the first step during games

This has been fun to read! I knew we had some die hards here and thank goodness for football! Win or lose, it gives me something to get completely lost in for a few hours.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Lions plaied an awsome game today had to be a bit more proud of em...................And hats off to the Giants........lol my baby is in a good mood