OT: Football

Old 09-27-2009, 08:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Loved that RAVENS game today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

0-3 is painful and I came back early from a beach/business trip in FL to watch that??? What is it again we say about expectations and resentment?
Old 09-28-2009, 03:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
learning to live for me

Hahaha this is fun to read! Y'all are a trip!

What about them michigan Wolverines! Blue and Maize baby!

Oh yeah...and the school I should cheer for...my grad school -East Carolina Pirates lol.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
all i can say is.....

PACKERS
VIKINGS
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
OCTOBER 5TH
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I wish my first greyhound hadn't demolished my genuine cheesehead! I loved wearing that thing while watching the games on tv (yes, I am weird)!
Old 10-09-2009, 12:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am almost married to a ex nfl football player who plaied for georgia tech...I however am a die hard u of m fan....thank GOD our school color are blue and gold...........lol it is also the color of our wedding cant wait for november to get here the GA TECH and U of M go at it we have tickets.......lol

Originally Posted by breakingfree88 View Post
Hahaha this is fun to read! Y'all are a trip!

What about them michigan Wolverines! Blue and Maize baby!

Oh yeah...and the school I should cheer for...my grad school -East Carolina Pirates lol.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

that viking packer game was a hoot!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 08:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Michigan vs Iowa is on now and it is a nail bitter those Iowa boys are tough, nice to se our new coach laying down the Bo Laws on that Iowa offence though! GO WOLVERINES!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Did any of you see the fans wearing paper bags during last night's game? 0-5 is painful and what happened to my team, where did they go? At least I can look forward to our always excellent tailgates!
Old 10-12-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

ok - So LSU lost to Florida -but to drop us down to #10????

I could see us dropping a few - but all the way to 10??

AND I live in a house with an Alabama fan that happens to be ranked # 2 in the nation -

geez that 11/7 game is going to make for an interesting household??????

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

OH and just as a side note: Cin. Bengals 4-1 - (That's for you Uncle Bill)

Still loving football in Louisiana,
Rita
Old 10-13-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Chino, did u put the jinx on my team? we started off with such high hopes, NOW two weeks in a row we're looking pretty bad. Oh well, next week is a brand new start, hopefully
Old 10-13-2009, 04:13 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Misery loves company so I dug out my souvenir Ravens towel and dyed it cursed Columbia blue. I'm just kidding. Maybe

Strange games around the league! I never would have expected the Jets to be so unprepared for the Fins. Or the Bronc's bringing it to the Pats!
Old 11-01-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hello all. I read a lot but rarely post. To be honest, I have a hard time with written communication. Tend to ramble on! Or just feel, I have nothing new to offer anyone.

Today I was writing a response to another poster. Same old me. Long post. I deleted it. But there was something new there. At the very end.

Today- is a HUGE day!
Brett Farve is going to put on a purple jersey and walk onto the field at Lambeau.
WOW! Who would have ever thought? Not me. Not ever. The announcers will be talking about that. They will be talking about all the records he has broken. They will be talking about how he is playing in professional football at 40 years old. They will probably talk about the injuries. 100’s of reporters will be talking about him, telling us his story. Digging for some new thing to tell all of us about Brett..

It is funny. People ask how to talk to their children. What to say.
So- I thought I would share what I plan to do today. I am the mother of boys. They like football.. so today the reporters can tell all the stories they want to. During the commercials, this mom is going to tell my son’s.

Brett Farve has the same disease their father has. He is an addict. The miracle is not how his arm, hand, shoulder- hip recovered. He appears to be in recovery, from the disease of addiction!
That is the miracle!!! That is what he has and is rolemodeling! Not a darn touchdown!

Boys- my boys understand how football works.
Brett is returning to Lambeau today. It will be bittersweet. Very hard for him. They were his team, his family, this WAS his home. Not everyone will be nice. Some will be very mean in fact.

Not a thing his family and kids can do about it.
In fact- they had to let him go. He spent last night with his teammates. Not his family. They no doubt were not at the hotel. He is with his team right now. His family will not be on the field. They can’t help him. Can’t block, can’t catch a touchdown. They are not the coaches who will critique the plays mid-game. Tell him to change something. Heck he will not even hear his family cheer him on. Nor will he see their pain, they will feel pain. If he gets sacked, throws an interception.
His family is powerless.

So- this ole Viking fan.
I didn’t WANT to like him. I didn’t WANT him on my team. I didn’t WANT him on our field, locker room. I remembered all those times- he came to MY field and life was not so fun, so great. I was holding on to some resentments.

Today- I can be grateful for ole farve. Okay- he can be on our team!
And to all of you, who wear the ole green and yellow.
You walked with that man, through some tough times. Like us alanoners. Without you, he would not be who he is today. Nor would you! Thanks for letting him go.
Cheer against us today. But remember- we are in the same darn division! We are family!
Heck- after YOU knocked us out. I cheered you stinkers on to your superbowl win!

It’s YOUR TURN!!

Now it is time- for this ole girl to get ready for some football! Put some purple on- and have fun- micromanaging them from my couch. I get to be, the play caller, clock manager. Read defenses. In fact- I even get to think- I could catch that pass! From the comfort of my couch! I am a codie- through and through. I will pray them a win. They will win, because I was watching or not watching. If they score a touchdown while I am in the bathroom or kitchen. Guess where this girl will be?

I told you all I ramble on and on!
But this IS a shorter post then the last one at least!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ok - here it is if you are a BIG SEC College football fan

LSU vs Alabama
Saturday November 7th 2:30 cst

Geaux Tigers
Old 11-02-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

StillLearning, I loved your post. My team finally won a game and I told all my friends they'd have to bottom out before it happened. They sure did bottom out and on national TV! Funny how recovery wisdom can be applied to just about any aspect of life, and especially my favorite game.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Chino- at first I wasn't sure, thought you were an Eagles girl (ugg). But I'm guessing it's the ole Titans. The eagle's seem to have higher bottoms! Congrads on you win. We have a bye this week. Good thing they (and I) need a rest!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:36 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Chino, Glad your team won!!! And Super Glad you took that curse off my team
Old 11-05-2009, 02:12 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

It's finally here - the big SEC game

LSU vs Bama
11-07-09 @ 2:30 cst

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!