I dont know how to help him and this is killing me...

Old 09-01-2009, 04:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

ann,:prayingthe quote u put up,,i needed that. i live in "gatorland" and i keep looking for my path.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 123456 View Post
hes got to want to come off on is own. u cant do it for him. if u try to push he will push u away. nothing can come between a person and drugs. i know from experience. i pushed my boyfriend away but he wanted me anyway so he let me do my thing. i eventually came off bymyself. i was scared he wouldnt want me when i wasnt high but he does. the person he knew was always high 24/7 and it scared me. just hang in there. hes got to be the one to come off.....
he won't, I really doubt.. on another forum he said he cant imagine life without drugs.. so I think that is more than obvious he will keep doing it. He's been like that for over 15 years...

but I'm happy for you that it all went well with you and your boyfriend . Sometimes I'm wondering too how he really is when he's not high, but as he described himself he has no feelings and is not being able to feel anything for anyone even when sober.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by damnedone View Post

I sent him a very harsh email and even though I felt horribly hurt yesterday after he called me a "liar" and told me to go "f*** off" after I said we never talked about anything before he started all the weirdness, right now I feel like I've detached from him even more.. one thing is sure, I will never be able to look at him like I used to, he destroyed everything, including what was left of our friendship

D.
What he said to you is classic addict behavior. You deserve so much more damnedone. ((HUGS)))
Old 09-05-2009, 04:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

[update]

well, after few days of weirdness and strange conversations, we had come to the conclusion it's best if we stay friends, and we will have a great friendship. it's really scare how sometimes he makes me more sense than me, even when he's heavily stoned. blows my mind with his philosophycal ideas (one of the things that made me fall for him..). now i'm slowly detatching from him emotionally and try to be a good friend. he said he wants to help me himself to get over him.. i dont know why he's doing it, maybe deep inside he realises id destroy my own life i i fly to move with him. all that screaming at me was in a way an attempt from him to make me give up on him

i hope this was my final post here, hope i can heal myself and move on and in the same time be around him as a friend.. i dont know if i did the right thing, time will tell. but one thing is sure, my feelings are not coming back

Thank you everyone for your support, once again :ghug3
~D.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by damnedone View Post
[update]
i hope this was my final post here, hope i can heal myself and move on and in the same time be around him as a friend.. i dont know if i did the right thing, time will tell. but one thing is sure, my feelings are not coming back
I hope you can find peace and move on. If these feelings do come back,
come and re-read the posts you made as a reminder of how things really were.
Sometimes, us codies tend to forget how "bad" it really was.
Good Luck at the university!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((((DO))))))

Instead of trying to help him why not help yourself? Just think about it if he is making you this crazy chatting on the internet how crazy it could get in person. Is this good for you? Why do you need him is a question I hope you will ask yourself. What is missing in your life that would make you so attached to a person that you have never met face to face?

This guy does not want help and even if he did you could not be the one to help him. I know that you are somewhat emotionally invested in this person. He is not worth it believe me please.