Happy Birthday Chris

Old 05-31-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Happy Birthday Chris

Hello everyone. Just wanted to update you on my son. He turns 20 today. :day1
Has been clean for almost 3 months now..........yeah...........So good to have him back. For everyone who remembers my crying and panic attacks with dealing with this awful addiction, i want to thank you all for being there for me and helping me get thru this.
Started his new position 2 weeks ago, and got his first big check. I was so worried, as we have given him no money in the last 3 mos. Always afraid of tempting him, since his recovery has been all on his own. He immediately went and opened his checking and savings account, 1/3 in savings and the rest in checking. Yesterday went and bought an i-phone with his own money. I guess to most of you, this is nothing, but, to see him going in the right direction is priceless to us.
He stays close to home, as his old friends have parted ways. Have met some new friends and seems to be taking it slowly.
As he chooses not to have any outside help with his recovery, the only downfall is he has no one to encourage and help him thru this lonely time, but us. I would love for him to get into a program but he refuses. Is this normal? I would feel more @ ease if he did so.
Do you guys have any suggestions?
Old 05-31-2009, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
God is leading the way!!!

Happy Birthday to Chris,:day1

A family can be all the support a person needs to take it one day at a time, just give him support!
Old 05-31-2009, 11:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

happy b-day to chris. a program would b wonderful, i believe in them 100% but it is his recovery. i hope he continues to do well. there are lots of addicts that can & do make it on there own. prayers,
Old 05-31-2009, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

dsla

So happy for your family. It's wonderful to watch them do all the right things like get a job and actually go everyday, open checking account, see them buy things on their own. You know it has to make them feel good about themselves too.

My daughter doesn't do many meetings and it scares me that she isolates herself too much. I can only support her so much, but I think it is important to be around people who understand what she is feeling. I can't understand that part of it. I don't have any suggestions, but I do try to encourage her to stay with her program.

Best of luck to your son.

Gotahavfaith
Old 05-31-2009, 10:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Happy Birthday Chris

Keep on keepin' on!!!

You Rock!

God Bless
Passion
Old 06-05-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am happy to hear that he is doing well.