View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dslalonde

Smile Happy Birthday Chris

Hello everyone. Just wanted to update you on my son. He turns 20 today. :day1
Has been clean for almost 3 months now..........yeah...........So good to have him back. For everyone who remembers my crying and panic attacks with dealing with this awful addiction, i want to thank you all for being there for me and helping me get thru this.
Started his new position 2 weeks ago, and got his first big check. I was so worried, as we have given him no money in the last 3 mos. Always afraid of tempting him, since his recovery has been all on his own. He immediately went and opened his checking and savings account, 1/3 in savings and the rest in checking. Yesterday went and bought an i-phone with his own money. I guess to most of you, this is nothing, but, to see him going in the right direction is priceless to us.
He stays close to home, as his old friends have parted ways. Have met some new friends and seems to be taking it slowly.
As he chooses not to have any outside help with his recovery, the only downfall is he has no one to encourage and help him thru this lonely time, but us. I would love for him to get into a program but he refuses. Is this normal? I would feel more @ ease if he did so.
Do you guys have any suggestions?