I am offically done

Old 04-29-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by splendra View Post
I feel this emptiness right now like a cannon ball was shot thru my soul. I can't believe I have put up with it for so long. Hopefully soon it will just be a distant memory and my life will get much better.
I know you feel empty, but congrats on standing up and being strong. I encourage you to keep looking at how peaceful your life is alone.

I admire you.

From a girl who needs to let go, to one who did.....
Love,
Cess
Old 04-30-2009, 12:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I hope it gets easier

As someone who loved a crack addict and was told he never loved me, that he is always loved his ex-wife, the same woman who "abused" him, I miss him every single day. It may sound stupid, but I can't yet "let" him go, even though our relationship was a total lie. So I understand, but they say time heals all wounds.....pray about it. I know I am.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

The scene is transforming. It does not matter what he did or does for me at least. I am even more done that I was a couple of days ago.

I just wanna help myself for a little while pick up my pieces and see what they turn into. It's okay ya know also, I am okay.

Hey DrainedWife and a few others of you around here jump in cause the water is so fine.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Splendra - I'm glad you're even more "done" as time passes. I've been done a few times myself, but I always come undone! Just the fact that as time passes you're even more sure is HUGE! Congrats and here's to a new life in Splendraville!
Old 05-03-2009, 11:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Splenda,

Just thinking of you and praying that each day will bring you sights of a more peaceful life. Many times I've had to make the hard decision in order for my life to get better. And as I look back, I wish I hadn't waited so long to do it.

Prayers for you, that you'll be able to keep your resolve and see that you are SO worth a good and happy life. And you can have it! You know the drill ... one day at a time.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 05-03-2009, 02:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Splendra,

I knew to say "No" to the what-ifs even before I knew why. Even before I had found SR and realized I was justified in saying NO again and again, once I'd made my decision. I knew because I felt it in my gut. Once, my now exAH got to me for a day or two, bringing over the engagement diamond he'd never given me when we were married. I wore it for a day or two, but my stomach ached so bad the entire time. I spur-of-the-moment told him I didn't think I felt like getting back together was such a great idea, and he turned into a mean guy again and said "Give me that f-ing ring back then" and I was glad I'd trusted my gut.

Trust yours, sister. And stay strong even when you don't feel strong. Just look in the mirror and say "You never have to live like that again. I will take care of you." And then take care of yourself for once, instead of only taking care of everyone else. It's the right path, I'm sure now.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
rozied

Dear Splendra, Everyone is right. I really liked Ann's quote regarding " closing the door on a room that was already empty. "
Don't be down on yourself for waiting this long. You did it when you were ready.
Wishing you the absolute best.
Diane
Old 05-04-2009, 07:04 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Splendra from this post certainly..."you give me"....and "I give you"... a ((BIG HUG)).

Love, GG
Old 05-04-2009, 08:59 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Wow, Splendra, that is such great news. Isn't it peaceful? I know it was for me. Are you doing the no-contact thing? I highly advise it.

KJ
Old 05-05-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Yea I have been tempted to write him a letter but "no contact" is the way to go I think. The less said the better. I am done and I have nothing left to say to him.

I see the sun shining in my life now. It is very good.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by splendra View Post

I see the sun shining in my life now. It is very good.
That just tickles my heart, Splendra, because you sooooo deserve to stand in the light.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:50 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Smile

I do want to say that having my group here has made this much easier than the last time I had him out of my life. I think if I had been posting here the first time I kicked him out(9years ago) I wouldn't be posting on this thread today.

There is a tremendous amount of strength here and I am very grateful for the way it is so freely given. I ya'll have helped me get ready for this to happen and walked with me for so long in this stuff and I very deeply appreciate it all of you. Truly from the bottom of my heart thank you all so much for hugging me and holding my hand thru all of this.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Bump for a reminder that I am done
Old 05-13-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

All your good intentions finally turned into one good decision. It happens when we are ready and the difference it makes in our lives is amazing.

Good decision to have no contact, too. There is nothing there that you need.

Congratulations.

Babs
Old 05-13-2009, 08:16 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I just want to welcome you to the otherside Splendra! Happy is the Moto here!

Don't forget, what goes around comes around Splendra and you have been there for us as well!

Rose
Old 05-14-2009, 02:35 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

He has gotten out of jail. Yesterday he came to the house. I told him he could not stay. He tried to stay but I told him my brother was on the way over and he would be very mad at me if he was there.

My brother told me he would help me out of my financial mess if I would not let him come back. Since I am in such a mess, going thru a bankruptcy, and still unemployed it was not a hard choice to make. It was hard making him leave though cause he did not want to go.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:46 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Good for you. What "he" wants has never made your life happy, Splendra. It's good to see you doing what is right for you, even if this isn't exactly what you "wanted" out of life.

I like your brother, he is standing with you in this.

And although bankrupt and unemployed may see like dark times right now, it all sounds like wonderful new beginnings to me. Nope, I am no Pollyanna, but from where I sit I can see your HP working in your life to bring you wonderful new tomorrows. I promise this is true. Just check with me in 6 months and tell me if it isn't so.

The future is a clean slate, all yours for the taking, Splendra. You go girl!

Hugs