Status Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

When I originally arrived here, I was on the edge of a cliff ready to jump. Rock bottom doesn't even seem to give it justice. I had lost all hope. I trusted no one, especially not myself. I had come to believe that there weren't any good people out there any more. I was surrounded by evil, lies, deception, fear, hatred, despondence. I saw no way out. I thought I had tried everything, done everything, said everything to no avail.

Who would have known that something as simple as learning to let go, and kind words from strangers would change my life.

Strangers here on SR reached out and pulled me back from that cliff. I wasn't even searching for this sight, I was searching for a hotline.

Today, I see beauty all around me, I'm learning to trust people again, I'm following dreams that once were given up on, I can leave my home again without fear (a big one for me), I love again and I am loved. I no longer cry myself to sleep each night, instead I sleep well and even dream of pleasant things instead of doom and destruction.

I believe in miricles because I am living proof of one. I used to dread change, but learned that, though painful, change is what heals us all.

Most of all, I have found a peace that sooths my very soul. I know that I will never be alone, even if by myself. I have found blind faith.

Hugs and Love to all,
B