I don't know him

Old 03-19-2009, 02:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Winnie- yes and being pregnant doesn't make it easy at all. You can look at me crosseyed and I cry. This will be our first baby. Everything is such a mess. I'm sorry you've been in my situation before. I don't wish it upon anyone.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I dont want to scare you but the odds are if someone hits their SO they will also hit their child. I got away before it got to that point but even when my son was a baby i noticed his impatience getting worse and worse especially when he was drinking. I dont know why i kept believing the lies but it took him holding me on the bed with his hands around my neck while telling my 3 yo son to watch him kill mommy for me to finally get it. it all started with a little push where i fell down the stairs when i was pregnant and he was drunk and that's what it progressed to. did he really mean to push me down the stairs, i'll never know but a violent man under the influence is a very dangerous thing. mine was typically more violent the day after he was using.

the offer to kick his A$$ remains open.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

SoulSearchin......Well D%$# that really pisses me off. And yep, my SIL did push my AD to the ground while she was pregnant. He also pushed her down in front of her 6yr old daughter. This last time, she got a retraining order & has not gone back. Thank God! Please get the retraining order ASAP.

Sending you hugs & prayers.
Chris
Old 03-19-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoulSearchin View Post
Thank you everyone for the support and encouragement. I'm still not sure what to do next. I do know that I can't subject myself or my unborn baby to be harmed in any way, shape or form. I've got a lot on my plate trying to figure/sort all of this out. I did not ask for this, I was walking away from the situation. I have decided that I am going to request a restraining order. He's been calling my cell and sending text messages. I haven't responded. I'm worried about him coming to my office and/or following me.
I want you to know I am praying extra hard for you and that precious baby.

I was battered for five long years.

Thank God you have friends to stay with you, and that's great you filed the police report.

Please keep posting here and keep us updated (I know, I sound like a mother hen).

:ghug :ghug :ghug
Old 03-19-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Addiction is a full time job

Hey Soul, you need to get out of there, Sounds like your living with an abusive person. No, You ARE living with an abusive person. Nobody has the right to scream and curse at you, and the slapping across the face is assault. The not coming home or answering his phone means he is up to NO GOOD. A person will abuse you if you let them. It's up to you not to allow this kind of treatment anymore. Call your family. Leave, go to a shelter, a friend, whatever. Don't stay there with him. He will only abuse you again if you allow it. Prayers for you Soul. The old saying, goes like this, screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me. GET OUT. Run as fast as you can. :atv
Old 03-19-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

(((Soul)))

I'm glad you're getting the restraining order, and I will come WITH Winnie to kick his a$$.

I know you're mind is swirling and pregnancy hormones don't help at all. Please make sure you report him for violating the restraining order. As far as I know, ANY contact (including texting and phone calls) is a violation. If you don't report him, I think it voids the order, and it lets him think he can do as he wants.

I know you're scared, but in this case, fear is healthy as long as it means you do what you need to do to ensure your safety.

I am continuing to send you many, many hugs and prayers.

Amy
Old 03-19-2009, 05:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

HI
I just want to say that I have a restraining order on my AH so called drug girl and she still continued to stalk me. When I called the police and said she was outside my house they said did she leave I said yes. They said well she did the right thing. Okay what r u gonna do was my next question they said "well she did do the right thing". Then the officer that served the RO said well she seems so nice. I said well check the warrant records buddy it's more thanme who thinks she's horrible.

To make a long story short she continues to call and sit outside my house to this day and nothing is being done about it from the police side. I don't know if their waiting for me or my kids to die but, WTF. She has even been less than 100ft away from my daughters school and they've done nothing.

Please watch yourself and have someone around that can protect you because the law won't always protect you. I am in no means trying to be negative. But, I am living the reality of it right now. Do it the legal first... But you also PROTECT YOURSELF!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

For some reason, abusive men often get more violent while the woman is pregnant. My mom was beaten and almost killed by my dad while she was pregnant with me. Please follow through with the police report, charges against him, and the restraining order. I'm sure this is a very difficult time for you and that you are feeling very scared. No man ever has a right to hit his girlfriend. Have somebody take pictures of your bruises for proof. Do what it takes to keep yourself and your unborn child safe. It's good that you have friends there to help you.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Standing by his side

my thoughts and prayers are with you. been there done that, Just remember. don't let him suck you back in, don't listen to the oh honey i won't do it again i love you crap. follow though with that police report. where i am at, after you file a report you go see the commish, and they go get him in pretty shiny braceletts...be tough girlfriend stand your ground. be strong. :praying
Old 03-19-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks again everyone.
Winnie- I'm sorry for the pain you've endured in the past. I'm glad you were able to get out.
Freedom- You don't sound like a Mother Hen at all. Besides, a little Mother Hen-ing isn't such a bad thing and I understand you're speaking from experience.
Serenity- this has ticked a lot of people off, you aren't alone.

Everyone has been so kind here. I was apprehensive about reaching out here at first but I felt that advice from people who I don't know personally couldn't hurt. Its strange, many of my girlfriends have always told me how they envied my story book marriage. I know my husband it up to something or into something. Unless I missed the news flash about everyone carrying a needle and brownish substance in their jeans nowadays because its the latest trend. I'm going to speak with my bosses and inform them of the recent events. He may show up at the office and since I feel like I don't know what he's capable of at this point, I think it may be a wise decision. He's continued to call and text, no response from me. If he calls my office I'm going to have my secretary send them to voice mail. I don't want to **** him off to the point of him coming to my office in a rage. This is another reason I think I should talk to my bosses. I do have a lot going through my mind and some sorting to do. I just want to thank everyone again. You've all been so kind. ((((everyone))))
Old 03-19-2009, 10:16 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I think you are making a wise choice to tell your bosses. People can be very understanding...I know my work place was wonderful. They made sure that I got to and from my car safely. The police here were wonderful too, they gave me an alarm divise that I wore like a necklace, should he come around I just had to push the button and it would ring right to the police station. The police also put posters of him up with a warning if anyone is to see him on campus to call police ASAP.

There is just know knowing of what they are capable of doing while high or coming down.

I am glad you are doing what you are doing and I am sorry you are going through this.

Rose