I don't know him

Old 03-18-2009, 05:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I don't know him

Up until this morning, I hadn't seen him since Friday morning. I've tried making contact with him. Voicemail is full, then later I'm able to leave a message, then straight to voicemail. He finally came home this morning. I asked where he's been all this time. He went into a rage, I've never seen anything like it. He got nose to nose with me and screamed "where I've been is none of your f-ing business." I responded with "okay" and went to walk away when he then told me not to argue with him at which point he slapped me across my face. I don't know who this person is. I have no one here as all of my family live in Virginia. I'm scared. I'm hurt. I'm angry. And unsure of where to turn.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You do not deserve any type of abuse. Do you have a friend you could stay with?
This is not acceptable.
Do NOT tolerate this, please!
Old 03-18-2009, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I would suggest you CALL THE POLICE NOW.

That is ABUSE.

I don't know where you are in Texas but the police will give the number for the nearest Domestic Violence Shelter.

You DO NOT have to accept that type of behavior.

Please keep yourself safe. Call the police.

Love and hugs,
Old 03-18-2009, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you've been physically mistreated. Coming here is a good start, for support.

It would be a good idea to call a local domestic violence hotline, too. Just to have a backup plan.

And perhaps any local friends, in case you are forced to vacate and go somewhere on a moment's notice.

Get some cash, keys, and critical papers if you have time, ready.

He's unpredictable, irrational, and physically abusive.

Please do take actions now, to protect yourself. Have a plan of actions what to do, where to go. The domestic violence hotline in your area can help you with this.

He may swing wildly, from hitting you to saying the sweetest, most remorseful things, but that doesn't change the fact he struck you.

We care what happens to you! Make that call, now!

Hugs to you!

CLMI
Old 03-18-2009, 05:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

CALL THE POLICE!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 05:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Everyone is right. His violence can escalate. Never, EVER, think "but he wouldn't really hurt me". Women have died, believing that.

If you need to, get the heck out of there, but call the police.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-18-2009, 06:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I do have some really good friends here. One of them is going to accompany me to my home in case he's there. I'm going to stay with her for a few days. I do have some slight brusing around my lower eye. I've been in contact with the police and filed a report, I had to do so at my office this morning/early afternoon because I'm scared.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

oh my - please, please, please, I beg you to run as far as you can, away from this man. NOONE should ever lay a hand on you.

You have no idea what he is capable of.

Do not tolerate this for even one second. People are murdered, beaten, etc. everyday from their loved ones.... get away from a man that puts his hands on you.

Please take care of yourself,
cessy
Old 03-18-2009, 06:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm glad you filed the report and are staying with friends.

Please stay away from him. Most guys, like him, will try to apologize, do whatever they can to win you back over. Don't let him, sweetie. If he did this once, and you let him back, he will think he "got away with it" and it WILL happen again...and it may be worse.

No one deserves to be hit...no one. I hope you contact DV...this hurts emotionally, just as much (if not more) as physically. It would help you, a lot, to talk to people who deal with this.

I'm sending you lots and lots of hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-18-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

u all make me laugh ... if it s so simple to call the police or go to a centre designed for this then why do women still tolerate this behaviour .......... i was in a relationship for 17 years i suffered mental an physical abuse from my ex-partner ... an what u have to understand is this woman has no one to turn to ... her partner will have or be in the process of makin her believe he is the only one that cares abvout her , that her family dont care an without him she is doomed ,,,, wen ur in that positio it takes great guts sometimes seemingly impossible steps an guts to turn around and say no .. stop it .... we only get treated the way we allow people to treat us ,. its sad to say some ov us stay in relationships like this becos we convince ourselves that they do love us for that is ultimately what we crave ,,,, wen really thr truth is .. if they did love us they wouldnt treat us this way
Old 03-18-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing and I know you are scared. Please, please, get away from him as fast as you can. Your story is dear to my heart and I want you to understand that I went through this also.

My home has been broken, doors, walls, food thrown across the whole apartment. I have been hit and I have scars because of living with an addict.
I also was so afraid of him, and that is their power and control they have over us.

I beg you to think about saving yourself from this agony. He will down play it, he will justify it and he will say he is sorry, but don't believe it.

I am sorry to have to share this but this was my reality. Cuts so deep on my head that I had to leave work to get special bandages to keep the skin together. So bad, that when he calmed down even he wanted to take me to the emergency hospital. AND HE DID IT! Several days later this creep had the audacity to tell me that he really felt bad about it. Thanks!

The problem is sitting in front of your face and it won't go away until you get away. No matter what they say.

Sending you hugs!

Jan
Old 03-18-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Soulsearchin... good for you to come here for support! I understand your position can be difficult... but you CAN make it on your own. I left home when I was in high school and it was tough... I had no where to go or turn... but I'd rather know where "I'm not going to be" than to stay and possibly endanger my life. You take care of yourself and don't think that you haven't done the right thing... you have and it took real GUTS to leave... and your first step is the biggest. Take care of yourself and know that prayers are being said for you.:praying
Old 03-18-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

*hugs!* Honey my thoughts and prayers are with you. I watched one of my sisters go through an abusive relationship. Her husband once beat her head against a tile floor so badly half of her face was paralyzed. We went and got her, rescued her, and she eventually went back because "he loves me". If someone is "loving" you with his fists.. it's NOT love! YOU take care of YOU! I hope that you have somewhere safe, and someone to stay with you!

:ghug :praying
Old 03-18-2009, 09:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

If they're capable of violence they're capable of murder.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

many of us can and have safely gotten out of controlling and/or abusive relationships. We do Recover! Good for you on taking out a report and leaving. Now get some counseling and a protective order and take steps to become independent. I'm so proud of you!
KJ
Old 03-19-2009, 05:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaTzZ View Post
u all make me laugh ... if it s so simple to call the police or go to a centre designed for this then why do women still tolerate this behaviour
No one said its simple - its not simple at all and many of us here know that from our own histories. Women tolerate this behavior for many reasons but usually they are brainwashed by themselves or their SO to believe the lies that love conquers all, that they deserved it, and that they have no power to change it. Calling the police is a way to tell the abuser that you wont tolerate that anymore and that you dont deserve it. It is merely the first step to get away from abuse.

Soulsearchin - please dont have any contact with him. This will not stop and he will try to convince you that it wasnt a big deal and it wont happen again. If a man (or woman) hits you once they will hit you again and each time it will be harder and worse.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Soul...You have my hugs and love and prayers.....Once when asking the same question about where he had been I was shoved hard against the wall but I shoved and hit him back in his face really hard, after which he cursed loudly..call me the "B" word and left my house slamming the door.....thats the only physical altercation we had.....but sometimes I wonder if that one moment after 4 years is worse than staying with him in the addiction crap after that for 3 more years (we had been together 7 years)....finally I'm getting out now.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Soulsearchin....I'm so glad you called the police & got out! Please DO NOT let him back in your life.

CaTzZ.......Your right, it is very hard to leave & many women stay....

Godsgirl.....I'm so glad you are getting out.

Hugs & Prayers being sent to all of you. This day my AD is away from her abusive husband, yep, she's left, gone back, left, gone back and left again.... she HAS place to go & friends to help, but still went back. She also has a baby, that he took & hid for 4 days, I'm praying that this time she will stick to her own recovery & leave him in the dust.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the support and encouragement. I'm still not sure what to do next. I do know that I can't subject myself or my unborn baby to be harmed in any way, shape or form. I've got a lot on my plate trying to figure/sort all of this out. I did not ask for this, I was walking away from the situation. I have decided that I am going to request a restraining order. He's been calling my cell and sending text messages. I haven't responded. I'm worried about him coming to my office and/or following me.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Your pregnant??? wtf - how bout you give me his address and i'll take care of it for ya?

that just makes me fume because yet again - i've been there.