Just checking in

Old 02-19-2009, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checking in

I haven't posted on here in a long while. I think last time I did was when my AS was tossed out on the street by the rehab as an intervention. Well, it worked, and he came back to the rehab a few days later, smelly, dirty, and DONE. After that he made a good turn around and progressed well.
We went down to Florida for a family group session the first week in February. It went really well. AS had some things to confess, but had to come forward with it as part of his recovery. Some stuff I knew, some I found out. (stealing money, pills, stuff of that nature).

All in all it was a good visit. The physical transformation was beyond words. I had only remembered what he looked like when I sent him down there 5 months ago. Long hair, scruffy beard, barely brushed his hair or showering anymore, grungy clothes. What came before me was a man, clean cut, nice clothes, and a healthy glow. I cried at that.

He has come a long way, but still has some more to go. He just graduated the rehab into a step down period, of looking for a job, and learning to budget money, while still being required to do group meetings. A little more freedom, but still supervised. But I am proud of how far he's come.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, that is GREAT!!!

So, how are YOU doing? I hope you're using this time to take good care of you, because you certainly deserve it.

It's really great to see you, again, and I'm glad you checked back in.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-19-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

What wonderful news! Congratulations to you both! I hope you have been taking care of yourself as well. It IS nice ot hear a good story! Thank you, HG