using on probation

Old 02-07-2009, 09:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face using on probation

I know some have gone back to jail for using while on probation. I have heard that some addicts continue to because they "know" how to do it and not get caught. Is that possibe? My ad goes to see her p.o. every 2 weeks. Like they say " there's no such thing as a stupid question".
Old 02-07-2009, 09:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I think it's pure luck or dumb luck, however you want to look at it, when people continue to use when on probation. There are all kinds of drinks out there that claim to detox drugs out of your body but the bottom line is,tests are getting more and more advanced that even these things are not infallable.

Your daughter is playing with fire here. She may get away with it for a while but sooner or later, she'll probaby get caught. This usually happens when a PO suspects that the person is using but can't catch them on scheduled "drops" and suddenly pops up at the person's home with the cup in hand. If she isn't expecting him/her, she's "not prepared."

No addict can get away with everything forever.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Katie, I agree with SQ, sooner or later she will get caught.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I agree with the rest, it's just a matter of time.....
Old 02-08-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't know, but I can tell you this my son can do it. I have caught him red handed smoking weed and two hours later tested him and the test was clean. He can buy something at the mall, that covers the drug test and this was while he was on probation also.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am not a PO, nor do I know any. I do know that where I live one dirty urine does not get you thrown back in jail. There just isn't room.

On the other hand, POs know addicts' tricks and are fully aware of the cycle of addiction.

I agree with all. It is just a matter of time. Be aware that the timetable for government agencies is usually far slower than for families; we have a smaller caseload (wink).
Old 02-08-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What the court has told me is that yes they can get away with it some of the time but eventually they all get caught. The more they get away with it the bolder they get. The POs, counselors, and judge always smile when this comes up and say dont worry in time we always catch them. As the Judge told the kids in drug court one time, "I'm smarted than you, have been doing this longer than you, and have better resources than you do."

In my state manipulating a drug test has higher consequences then just testing positive. I've seen her lock up kids just for having a dilute drug screen.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have seen people get by with it...for a while. However, every single one of them, has ended up back in jail for one reason or another. It's not just the using that gets them in trouble, it's the lifestyle that goes with the using. They continue hanging around the same people, doing the same dumb stuff. The more they thing they're getting away with stuff, the dumber they get.

I used to get mad, seeing people "get away" with stuff for so long. Those very same people are IN jail, more than OUT now. It may take a while, but the "karma police" always catch up to them.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-09-2009, 01:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My exabf is on probation for four years. It has been two years now and he still has two more to go. He sees his probation officer once a month. He walks out of his probation officer's office and straight to the crack dealer. Uses crack the same day. He continues to use crack, pot and alcohol for three weeks straight and then the week before he sees his PO again, he cuts out the crack and pot for one week. He repeats this every month and has gotten away with it for two years. I just don't see how he does it.

He says he will not get caught and it sure looks like he's right so far. I just can't believe the PO are that stupid.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Control is an illusion, in time they will be a day too short, or miss there appointment all together. My Ah got caught after 17 months of probation, amonth before it was over. that was followed by almost 2 years of drug court, failing again and then the original time in jail all from original charge. Addiction progresses and they get cockier about it.
Remember too. it takes a few hours for it to even be in your system and those home kits often have false negatives