When facts don't match up with their fantasies

Old 02-02-2009, 04:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sadly, some people never get it and will ALWAYS judge their insides by other people's outsides. I have the blessing of spending some time right now with my family of origin, and I am so incredibly grateful for my recovery program. I've come far enough that I can let most of what my mom says just slide off me... she is who she is, and mostly I can feel sorry for her that she's so locked into that way of thinking that she misses a whole lot of the joy and wonder all around her.

I hope your daughter is able to learn to love herself, Marle. She has to be a wonderful young woman. She has you for a mom~
Old 02-02-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I always judged other people by their outsides and I always fell short. It took me until I reached my 40's to really accept myself. I hope that my daughter can get there sooner, but I did alright in the end, so maybe she will too. I did tell my daughter the story about the girl that had everything that I grew up with. I wanted to be her so badly until she died at the age of 24 in an accident with a drunk driver. It was one of the few times in my young life that I was glad to be me. Hugs, Marle