Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

Bf almost in rtc for 1mo.Missin him alot...but working alot on me...

Bf almost in rtc for 1mo.Missin him alot...but working alot on me...

Old 01-23-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SERENITY BOUND View Post
. DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT let your bf make you feel that is was your fault. It most certainly was NOT. Addicts are very self-serving, they never admit that it was their fault.
i am REALLY TRYING to not believe that.. but he is in "treatment" and he learned that.. so someone out there told him that. i wrote him to get clarification. and also said again the three c's and that i am not the cause. we will see what he says.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

but he is in "treatment" and he learned that.. so someone out there told him that.
No they didn't teach him that in treatment. I'm sure he figured that one out all on his own. Hes either going to get it or not. Your letters probably won't help him figure out that his problems are his responsibility. But maybe it makes you feel better to write them... however it's not going to change his opinion. And he is entitled to an opinion. Doesn't make it right though...

While an addict is in treatment, it is a great time for us to really focus on learning to trust ourselves and what we know to be true. I hope you continue working on that aspect of recovery. The disease of addiction affects everyone involved.