All was going along well and then*&%$

Old 01-03-2009, 02:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All was going along well and then*&%$

I am almost at a loss for words. As some of you may remember the h--- AH put me through. Well, he is still in prison, up for parole Jan. 13 and should be out shortly after that.He went through 6 months of extensive rehab in prison and seemed to be doing well. Sounded good, had a positive attitude.

Well, he said he has heard nor written anyone but now I have my doubts. Neighbor just called and ran into one of his druggie friends who informed her that AH will be home by mid Feb. There is NO WAY this person would know this without being in contact with him.

AH will call tomorrow and I am wondering whether to confront him or just tell him to find another place to parole out to. He knows gram passed away and there is money coming-but it is in trust and he cannot get his hands on it.

My darn blood pressure has sky rocketed and has not done that in over a yr. I AM UPSET!!!!!!

Any suggestions?????
Old 01-03-2009, 05:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

He went through 6 months of extensive rehab in prison and seemed to be doing well. Sounded good, had a positive attitude.
This you know, this makes you feel good, and this has some hope attached. I'd hang on to this and let what anyone else says just blow in the breeze. Neighbour is a busy body, and even if she heard from someone who heard from someone who heard it from him...it really doesn't matter does it? His druggie friends know where to find him. Hopefully his recovery will be strong enough to tell them to get lost.

How about you, now? Have you made it to any meetings and taken good care of you. I know this has been hard on you and the best defense is to just take very good care of yourself and let the rest fall into place.

Big hugs and prayers that all goes well. :ghug3
Old 01-03-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

maybe the neighbor read it online. it tells when a person will be released.
saying prayers for you & for him. don't let this bring you down & make you sick. hugs,
Old 01-03-2009, 07:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree. You don't know that any of this is true. Do NOT jump to conclusions. I heard all kinds of crap from people when my ex was in prison and then in jail. I even went one time to visit and the guards told me he'd had another visitor. I flipped. Seemed the visitor was ONE year earlier and it was his girls. The guards strated problems. Old friends started problems. The mother of his girls started problems. And we are so scared of what the future holds. You might mention that you heard this, but let him tell you the real story. Don't do it in an argumentative way. But let him know it was upsetting. Been there, done that. And there are a lot of things I would have done differently.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It always helped me to look at actions and try to ignore all the rest. I never realized how much future tripping I did until I started working recovery. It was eye-opening to realize that I wasted so much energy and health on worry...most of which never happened. Hugs to you.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It appears he has talked to nor seen anyone. Guess I got in a panic over nothing. The only thing you can pull up on the computer is the estimated parole date which is not until April 29th. Possibly "the druggie" saw it an thought he would fall under the Early Release Act (that has already passed).

He sounds so strong and determined, but time will tell. He says that he knows this is his last chance at freedom, after this it is life (should have been this time but I think my attorney stepped in). Also, the first time he has been clean since he was 14 (now 48) and feels great, did not realize what a beautiful world there was. Knows he has to go to meeting, follow guidelines and beware of triggers. Sounds good to me. He also wants to become a member of SR. He knows SR has saved my life and got me to say NO.

Only time will tell, just have to wait and see.

Thanks all for you support. Time to watch our ice storm and hope our power stays on.