one week back in rehab, but what a long week

Old 11-18-2008, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

one week back in rehab, but what a long week

Its been 8 days since my sister restarted her visits to the rehab doctor/counsellor. And 7 days since her bf picked a really bad time to indulge his alcohol problem, trash the place and get himself arrested.

The extra added stress of that crappy night hasn't made it easier, but she has gone to all 3 appointments with me and the next one is Monday. The doctor wants to stabilize her on methadone before the counselling sessions start (soon I hope).
She seems to have some big swings in mood, from confident that this will all work out to listless and depressed and not going to work. Hopefully some of that is the medication and will balance out in time.
The missing work days part still has me worried (and I tell her that pretty bluntly...for all the good it does), but I'm trying to remind myself that its only been a week. I have to really resist the urge to constantly check on her and where she is and what's she's up to.

The bf at least has made calls to get himself into a treatment program, so hopefully in a couple weeks when his court date comes up they go easy on him. He's stood by her through all her issues and arrests and I hate to see that he reached his snapping point just when she got back into therapy.
Oh well, one week down and a million to go!